A Fishkeeping forum. FishKeepingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishKeepingBanter.com forum » ponds » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Springtime Pond Start-Up (article) & BZT



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 19th 11, 09:21 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bruce Rich
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Springtime Pond Start-Up (article) & BZT

Greetings. I'm Bruce Rich, partner at United-Tech (manufacturers of
BZT and OBT formulas).

We just posted a short, general article on Springtime Pond Startup on
our new blog. I invite you to check it out. http://www.united-tech.com/products/products/kp.html

Also, for the record, I know many rec.ponders have trumpeted the
benefits of BZT(R) Aquaculture in the past. We used to carry a product
deemed "BZT Aquaculture Ponder Special," but we have recently
developed a more targeted formulation BZT(R) Koi & Pond.

I'd like to hear about what you are using now, if different, and any
success stories you might have regarding our product. Also, since I am
a bit of a net junkie, I'll be popping in every now and then to learn
from you, and share any know-how and opinions that may be beneficial.
Happy ponding!

Cheers,
Bruce Rich, CIO
United-Tech
http://www.united-tech.com/
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/unitedtechinc
FB: http://facebook.united-tech.com/
  #2  
Old April 25th 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22
Default Springtime Pond Start-Up (article) & BZT

Been a BZT believer for years. I even took some time off from it when I
started keeping the filter primed by running at a slower rate in winter.
After 2 years on the shelf I decided to use up what I had left.... was I
surprised that suddenly my filter didn't need cleaning as often! Needless
to say, I'm back to using it, purchased the 1 lb. package last fall.
~ jan



On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:21:52 -0700 (PDT), Bruce Rich
wrote:

Greetings. I'm Bruce Rich, partner at United-Tech (manufacturers of
BZT and OBT formulas).

We just posted a short, general article on Springtime Pond Startup on
our new blog. I invite you to check it out. http://www.united-tech.com/products/products/kp.html

Also, for the record, I know many rec.ponders have trumpeted the
benefits of BZT(R) Aquaculture in the past. We used to carry a product
deemed "BZT Aquaculture Ponder Special," but we have recently
developed a more targeted formulation BZT(R) Koi & Pond.

I'd like to hear about what you are using now, if different, and any
success stories you might have regarding our product. Also, since I am
a bit of a net junkie, I'll be popping in every now and then to learn
from you, and share any know-how and opinions that may be beneficial.
Happy ponding!

Cheers,
Bruce Rich, CIO
United-Tech
http://www.united-tech.com/
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/unitedtechinc
FB: http://facebook.united-tech.com/

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us
  #3  
Old April 25th 11, 07:02 PM
thomasscampbells thomasscampbells is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by FishkeepingBanter: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Default

I have read your article about Spring time ponding. Its great very spontaneous, I have just got mind blowing information after reading it. Very nice.
  #4  
Old May 13th 11, 08:54 PM posted to rec.ponds
BZTGuy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Springtime Pond Start-Up (article) & BZT

Good to hear. We have been keeping pretty busy and our market focus
diverged, but we're slowly reintegrating BZT with the ponder circuit.
Glad to know our extended shelf life has served you well, and also
glad our little article has helped. I do apologize for our
extended absence from the forums and newsgroups. I have been missing
the friendships and contributions, so it's time to get involved.

My personally favorite article was the Rasti-Land Amusement park
article - nothing to do with Koi, but plenty to do with water. You can
read it on the blog, too. http://united-tech.com/news/news.html. I
personally would love to get invited to more amusement parks, because
I'm a bit of a roller-coaster fanatic.

I'll be posting more random tidbits on our facebook and blog in the
future. Some will be koi-related, others not. If you FB, feel free to
add us. I'm always on there, so questions are easily and quickly
answered (but I will try hard to come back here regularly as well!!).

Bruce

On Apr 24, 8:03*pm, ~ jan wrote:
Been a BZT believer for years. I even took some time off from it when I
started keeping the filter primed by running at a slower rate in winter.
After 2 years on the shelf I decided to use up what I had left.... was I
surprised that suddenly my filter didn't need cleaning as often! Needless
to say, I'm back to using it, purchased the 1 lb. package last fall.
~ jan

  #5  
Old May 13th 11, 11:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bob Hobden
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Springtime Pond Start-Up (article) & BZT



"Bruce Rich" wrote ...

about his product BZT.

I have used a product marketed at gardeners as "Garden Yoghurt" . It's
basically a mixture of various bacteria you growth like yoghurt in a heated
maker and then use on soil, ponds, even work surfaces, to remove/replace
harmful bacteria. In a pond it makes any detritus clump up, does the same in
the filters too, so everything stays much cleaner, the water stays clearer,
and the fish seem healthier. I've also noticed a significant increase in
fresh water sponges on surfaces in the pond/filters which is always a sign
of good quality water. A cup full dose lasts a season or more as it
continues to grow in the pond to it's optimum level. Quite cheep to make
too, especially when it was a present in the first place.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK




  #6  
Old May 15th 11, 03:22 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bob Hobden
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Springtime Pond Start-Up (article) & BZT

Ingrid wrote

no need for anything with a veggie filter. I use a wet vacuum to remove
the mulm
from the filter once a year and spread it on my flower gardens.

Yes, I also use a 0.75hp electric swimming pool pump and vacuum etc. Works
well. The filters have bottom drains so are quite easy to clean of excess
muck.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

  #7  
Old May 25th 11, 07:47 PM
pigychopes pigychopes is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by FishkeepingBanter: May 2011
Posts: 5
Default

I'd like to apprehend about what you are application now, if different, and any success belief you ability accept apropos our product. Also, back I am a bit of a net junkie, I'll be bustling in every now and again to learn from you, and allotment any ability and opinions that may be beneficial.
  #8  
Old July 9th 11, 08:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22
Default Springtime Pond Start-Up (article) & BZT

Hi pigychopes,

Where are you located? ~ jan

On Wed, 25 May 2011 18:47:03 +0000, pigychopes
wrote:


I'd like to apprehend about what you are application now, if different,
and any success belief you ability accept apropos our product. Also,
back I am a bit of a net junkie, I'll be bustling in every now and again
to learn from you, and allotment any ability and opinions that may be
beneficial.

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us
  #9  
Old August 1st 11, 07:43 AM
romancefer romancefer is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by FishkeepingBanter: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Pretty post. I just found your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your posts.In any case I'll be subscribing to

your blog and I hope you post again soon




blogroll: office 2010Office 2007

coach handbags
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where to start Cindy Reefs 11 May 11th 06 03:22 PM
How to start hard to start powerheads/pumps.... Daniel Morrow General 2 December 1st 05 03:28 AM
Garden pond pics start - finish 3000 gallon WARDL895 General 10 April 17th 04 03:05 PM
Where do I start? K30a General 0 July 17th 03 11:14 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 FishKeepingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.