Color Opinions

Old June 1st 05, 11:15 PM
Frank Garvin

Default Color Opinions

Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic shortly
and what to go with the most trouble free finish.
Old June 2nd 05, 12:39 AM
Fred

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:15:57 GMT, Frank Garvin
[NOSPAM]> wrote:

>Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
>IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
>and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic shortly
>and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

silver seems to be easy
Old June 2nd 05, 01:21 AM
motsco_ _

Frank Garvin wrote:
> Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
> IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
> and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic shortly
> and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

------------------------

White and silver are best . . .Take a look at this on-going discussion:

http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewtopic.php?p=92240#92240

'Curly'

Old June 2nd 05, 03:24 PM
SoCalMike

Frank Garvin wrote:
> Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
> IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
> and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic shortly
> and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

IMO, a silver/champaign color hides dust best
Old June 2nd 05, 03:28 PM
SoCalMike

motsco_ _ wrote:
> Frank Garvin wrote:
>
>> Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
>> IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
>> and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic
>> shortly and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

> ------------------------
>
> White and silver are best . . .Take a look at this on-going discussion:
>
> http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewtopic.php?p=92240#92240
>
> 'Curly'

when i see a white car, i think "rental". JMO, of course.
Old June 2nd 05, 06:06 PM
Howard Lester

"SoCalMike" wrote

> IMO, a silver/champaign color hides dust best

Champagne... it's called Desert Mist Metallic (on Accords, anyway), and it
can look nice in a non-desert environment where everything already looks
like the desert. Mine's white, doesn't show swirls, reflects the heat,
looks sharp when clean. Also, it has a light tone interior, whereas the
silver (Accords) have a black interior. No thanks on black. I just wish the
white had that metallic luster I see on some other cars.

Old June 2nd 05, 08:53 PM

Howard Lester wrote:
> "SoCalMike" wrote
>
> > IMO, a silver/champaign color hides dust best

> Champagne... it's called Desert Mist Metallic (on Accords, anyway), and it
> can look nice in a non-desert environment where everything already looks
> like the desert. Mine's white, doesn't show swirls, reflects the heat,
> looks sharp when clean. Also, it has a light tone interior, whereas the
> silver (Accords) have a black interior. No thanks on black. I just wish the
> white had that metallic luster I see on some other cars.

Desert Mist is really beige. Honda calls their colors a "pearl"
finish, but it is really just metallic flakes, unlike mica used in
upscale cars. Desert Mist hides dirt like your mother-in-law is
coming over. When I think of a rental car, I think of red, by the way.