NSR Odyssey

Old February 26th 05, 03:58 PM
Ed White

Default NSR Odyssey

Hey all,
I was able to finally get NSR to install this week, I was having trouble
where the game install would error out at 98% of the files
transferred......on my new pc. Installed it on my old Dell, no probs, went
right in and ran. Since the 2 pc's are networked, I tried a network install
from across the room, no go....."unexpected error" messages. Posted to the
EA boards, no response from EA that I could find anywhere on their own
forums. A phone call to their tech support folks did work eventually, after
a few emails of things to try, I was advised to copy over the disk contents
to the desktop, then run setup ( Had to do a network copy from old puter
across the room, game just doesn't like my Lite-On drive).....NFG. Was then
advised how to properly copy over the contents into properly named folders,
again from across the room, and finally, after about 8 hours of mucking
around, it setup and ran. WooHoo! Now come the real questions for all the
folks familiar with EA games:

Multi......when playing online, I experience frequent "hiccups" while on the
track, either from people joining, or from messages being displayed, it
seems like. Any settings to tweak to get around this? These same kinds of
hiccups, if they happened in N2003, would end in a crash, here, they just
pause the game for a second, and you go on.

Jaggies.....Currently using 1024x768 32 bit, 2 times aniso and 4x aa on
Radeon 8500 Pro 128, latest Cat 5.1's. Strange thing happens if I use
1600x1200x32, like all my other games......3D setup runs, but when I start
the game, the screen goes black, and a message saying "Monitor out of scan
range, change PC settings" comes up.

Jitters.....If I intentionally overcook a corner entry, and pitch the car,
it looks like the whole car is shuddering......is this a feature? Tire noise
doesn't seem to change along with it

Mouse over sounds......Any way to remove the annoying "clink" sounds when
mousing over menu icons, and also clicking on them? And along the same
lines, if I exit the car and want to rejoin the session, even tho the
cursor is positioned over the icon to drive, nothing will happen till I move
the cursor just a bit to highlight the icon, then it will allow me to
rejoin....minor thing, just bugs me.

I know there are more questions, I just can't remember them now. Game is
about what I expected from EA, it could be something if development
continues, but so far I haven't uninstalled N2003, GTR, LFS, or rFactor just
yet.

Ed

System specs:
P4 2.8 @ 3.08
Asus P4P800 mobo
1G pc3200 ram
Radeon 8500Pro 128
TB Santa Cruz
WinXPPro
Wi

Old February 26th 05, 08:41 PM
Darus

Mouse over sounds: In the Audio folder, there is a folder called
Options. In there are the various clicks, clinks, buzzes and other
detris for the UI. I too am annoyed by the "coin drop" sounds and will
eventually delete the offending sounds.

The "highlighting" effect of menu selections also drives me crazy. I am
"on" the icon, but not on the icon. Gimme a break.

Old February 26th 05, 09:44 PM
Ed White

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Mouse over sounds: In the Audio folder, there is a folder called
> Options. In there are the various clicks, clinks, buzzes and other
> detris for the UI. I too am annoyed by the "coin drop" sounds and will
> eventually delete the offending sounds.
>
> The "highlighting" effect of menu selections also drives me crazy. I am
> "on" the icon, but not on the icon. Gimme a break.

Thanks Darus,
All the little stuff they spent time on, the scrolling marquee with my name
on it......nice, but they should have worked on the multi code. Same with
the sounds and stuff, they'd be OK if there were no other faults with the
game.
Ed

Old February 28th 05, 01:56 PM
Larry

Other than the Monitor Issue, you are seeing mostly the same as others.

-Larry

Old March 1st 05, 05:37 AM
pw

I don't see this game available anywhere (on-line)!

Is this sim available in the US?

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

Odyssey Values? [email protected] Honda 1 February 21st 05 06:07 PM
Odyssey AWD David of Ashland Honda 0 February 8th 05 06:36 PM
2005 Odyssey iPod Connection Russ Fink Honda 10 January 2nd 05 12:34 AM
Towing an Odyssey Chris Lamb Honda 5 December 20th 04 03:58 PM
Odyssey floor leak under driver's feet? Anybody encountered this? KWW Honda 1 December 8th 04 03:47 AM