GT4

Old February 9th 05, 02:27 PM
Senninha

Default GT4

So to keep this forum alive, and i know its not a true sim, who in England
is looking forward to GT4...

I know I am..

Old February 9th 05, 04:17 PM

I'm not in England but am looking forward to the game. FiringSquad
(www.firingsquad.com) just did a review and the only downside is that
it won't support the Logitech MOMO wheels. So I guess I need to buy a
new wheel strictly for GT4.

Old February 9th 05, 05:35 PM
Derek Baker

oups.com...

http://www.firingsquad.com/games/gran_turismo_4/ specifically.

--
Derek

Old February 9th 05, 05:38 PM
F50 GT

I am VERY excited about GT4. I dug up my original pre-order payment
receipt and it was over 1.5 years ago! Scary...

I was considering the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel to compliment
GT4, and when I heard the original Nordschleife is in it I decided I
would definitely be getting the wheel.

F50 GT

Old February 9th 05, 06:06 PM
Mitch_A

> I'm not in England but am looking forward to the game. FiringSquad
> (
www.firingsquad.com) just did a review and the only downside is that
> it won't support the Logitech MOMO wheels. So I guess I need to buy a
> new wheel strictly for GT4.

It doesnt support a Momo? Thats like a Big Mac not supporting Ketchup
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old February 9th 05, 07:27 PM

Well - that's why you get special sauce (aka Driving Force Pro) .
I've been considering picking up a console for some quick gaming fun -
was going to get a Gamecube because they're so damn cheap, but GT4 may
sway me to a PS2.

Kendt

Old February 9th 05, 08:46 PM
Paulinho

I`ve got a logitech driving force pro, and have enjoyed using it on GT4
prologe... I have also frexed mine out, so cant wait to try it..

Old February 10th 05, 01:50 AM
Pete Panaia

> I certainly am, and have been for over year now... (
>
> However, I think there might be some competition in the way of Konami's up
> and coming game:
> http://konamistudio.co.jp/enthusia/eng/top/index.html

Man, Enthusia looks great!

The have some video on Real world car physics -vs- In game. Very cool
demonstration!

http://konamistudio.co.jp/enthusia/eng/movie/e3.html

I hadn't even heard of this title yet. I guess every so often I come out
from under my rock!

Looks like I'll buy both GT4 and Enthusia!

Thanks for the heads up.

-- Pete

"Why Racing? Because Football, Baseball, and Basketball only require ONE
ball...."
-Unknown-

Old February 10th 05, 10:10 AM
AndyC

"Pete Panaia" > wrote in message
> > I certainly am, and have been for over year now... (
> >
> > However, I think there might be some competition in the way of Konami's

up
> > and coming game:
> > http://konamistudio.co.jp/enthusia/eng/top/index.html

> Man, Enthusia looks great!
>
> The have some video on Real world car physics -vs- In game. Very cool
> demonstration!
>
> http://konamistudio.co.jp/enthusia/eng/movie/e3.html
>
> I hadn't even heard of this title yet. I guess every so often I come out
> from under my rock!
>
> Looks like I'll buy both GT4 and Enthusia!
>
> Thanks for the heads up.
>
> -- Pete

It's had virtually no advertising that I know of, in all the fanboy PS2
newsgroups it's never mentioned (no "badassness" I suppose).

I do wonder if Sony put back GT4 to get more info on Enthusia, certainly
they've introduced a G-meter which was a major +1 for Enthusia.
Also, they've both got Nurburgring.
I do think there's going to be a lot of comptetition & comparisons between
these games, I only hope the new boys (Konami) are up to it and the old dogs
(Sony) have got thier arses in gear now they've got competition...

Having both GT Force and GT Driving Force, I can see me losing most of the
month these two puppies are released... ah well, the Girlfriend has got
pilates. heh.

As an aside, Konami are doing a GTA clone/copy/version so I'd say they're
gunning for major growth this year...

Old February 20th 05, 01:44 AM
Alex Kihurani

I decided to purchase my Logitech Driving Force Pro last night in exitement
for the arrival of GT4 It's only $105 on Amazon.com! and if you're
willing to wait (unlike me) free shipping!

Thanks,
Alex