Wife-mobile now needs window regulator?

Old January 31st 05, 03:59 AM
Tim Wohlford

Default Wife-mobile now needs window regulator?

Sigh...

To review, wife's '98 Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0 (67k miles) has had the following
problems:

- Stranded me in a blizzard
- Tranny pops outta reverse EXCEPT at the dealership's repair shop
- Cruise control stopped working

And now, for the new tricks...

- The Driver's window fell down. It popped outta the clip, and fell. The
local window shop put it back in the clip, rolled it up, and unplugged the
regulator motor until we could get it repaired. It looks as though there is
a plastic part that has broken in there, and it was obvious that the
previous owner had made at least one trip into that door to put the window
back in place. Does anyone have a basic drawing / photo of the parts
involved? Are there rebuild kits? Or is this a dealer deal?

Thanks.

Tim Wohlford
'89 Golf
'98 Jetta

Old January 31st 05, 04:32 AM

You may be covered under an extended warranty. Try the delaer ASAP.

Old January 31st 05, 04:51 AM
Gill2003

My friend, might I suggest a Chiltons repair manual. I have found that it
can help you fix almost anything on your car, with descriptions and photos
of everything you need to fix.

Old January 31st 05, 07:00 AM
Matt B.

"Gill2003" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> My friend, might I suggest a Chiltons repair manual. I have found that it
> can help you fix almost anything on your car, with descriptions and photos
> of everything you need to fix.

for a VW I think a bentley manual is a better choice. Pricier but I think
it's far more thorough. Not always 100% correct, but thorough and correct
about 95% of the time I'd say.

Old January 31st 05, 03:36 PM
Peter Parker

In article >,
Woodchuck > wrote:
>Not on a 98.

Maybe not but they still get the redesigned metal instead of plastic?

roups.com...

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old February 1st 05, 12:52 PM
Woodchuck

Not on a 98.

oups.com...

Old February 2nd 05, 03:02 AM
Gill2003

hmm... A manual made by bently? Never heard of it, whats with that?

Old February 3rd 05, 04:36 PM
Mike Smith

Gill2003 wrote:

> hmm... A manual made by bently? Never heard of it, whats with that?

Not the same Bentley - the name is just a coincidence. Think Chilton's,
but without the suckage.

--
Mike Smith
Old February 4th 05, 01:40 AM
Erik Dillenkofer

Oh, come on ... Chilton's isn't a bad manual ... if you need a doorstop.

Old February 6th 05, 11:01 PM
dan

Gill2003 > wrote:
> My friend, might I suggest a Chiltons repair manual. I have found that it
> can help you fix almost anything on your car, with descriptions and photos
> of everything you need to fix.

Bwahaha, friends don't suggest Chiltons manuals. They really aren't good for
much more than toilet paper or shop towels. If you insist on buying cheap
crappy books at least get a Haynes, they actually look like they tried to
gear the book toward a Volkswagen. However, if you are serious about fixing
the car, you'll get a Bentley manual.

dan