IL state test

Old May 4th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default IL state test

My 1968 VW bug is suppose to go through a state test...I bought it out
in California. Any advice as to what I should adjust to ensure that it
passes the test?????

Thanks!

Old May 5th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

om...

http://www.epa.state.il.us/air/vim/faq/testing.html#1a

> Looks like '68 cars get only a basic idle test that measures
> exhaust gases. No treadmill test.
>
> They may test the fuel filler cap for vapor leakage too.
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Either that, or move to a part of Illinois that doesn't require it. . . .
It's only parts of 9 counties that need emissions inspection. There are 102
counties in Illinois.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Driving is not a Privilege. Driving is a Right. proffsl Driving 172 April 12th 06 05:48 AM
Smog problems 81 in CA Steve Corvette 4 February 18th 06 09:45 PM
test test test DF at Home VW water cooled 1 December 27th 05 06:16 PM
Maryland State Emissions test failure-any suggestions? old school bmw owner BMW 55 December 14th 04 11:40 PM
like a BAD neighbor, state farm is there! violet BMW 9 September 21st 04 07:05 PM