2.4 JTD Lipari Grey Veloce - Black Mirrors!

Old June 3rd 04, 09:44 AM
Simon C

Yes. As far as I'm aware anything more than a tourismo should have the
restraint and full belt.

Simon C
156 2.4JTD V1 (2002)
To reply: remove nospam. from the address

"Martin" > wrote in message
> mmmm. Mine only has a lap belt and no headrest in the center...should

the

Old June 4th 04, 08:07 PM
Tony Rickard

"Martin" wrote:

> mmmm. Mine only has a lap belt and no headrest in the center...should

the
> standard Veloce Spec Sportwagon have a diaganol belt & 3rd headrest?

What year & country?

Old June 4th 04, 10:05 PM
Martin

2004 UK - less than a week old (with leather - maybe that's the reason...?)

Old June 4th 04, 11:13 PM
Tony Rickard

"Martin" wrote:

> 2004 UK - less than a week old (with leather - maybe that's the

reason...?)

I am sure it is standard. The web site car comparison shows all Veloce
models as having "THIRD REAR SEATBELT & HEADREST" standard.

Although the dealer was very helful I had to show them the brochure which
listed it as standard to show them it was missing. There was no explanation
why it wasn't there as there was no option not to have it fitted on a Veloce
spec (with leather too). I think they just get the specs wrong in the
factory...

In my case I have three children and three point seatbelts was a must. Alfa
got the seatbelt (and new parcel shelf) fitted within days, the head rest 9
months later...

Unless you really don't intend to carry three in the back or there is any
downside in a Sportwagon to having a central 3pt belt I would go back and
ask for it.

Presumably you have the other Veloce stuff (infocentre, audio buttons on
wheels, electric rear windows) and haven't got a Turismo with skirts...

Cheers
Tony

Old June 5th 04, 09:30 PM
Martin

My Mistake...!!

After the fiasco with the mirrors, I was too quick to jump to conclusions.
I had a proper look in the back today, and "found" the headrest (have to
pull down the arm rest, then head rest slides up). There is also a "proper"
seat belt in the middle..

Sorry for the false alarm.

Have had a bit more of a chance to drive the car today - it's fantastic, so
much torque. I have (my wife drives) an old Nissan 200SX (high pressure
turbo, 0-60 in 6.5 secs) very quick car. But, I'm sure the the new 2.4 JTD
engine accelerates faster in third gear than the 200SX in second - amazing.

I'm glad I choose this car over the others on my shortlist (Golf V 2.0 GT
TDI - more of a people carrier now, and Audi A4 1.9 or 2.5 TDI Avant - slow
/ heavy / expensive)

Thanks for all your input.

Regards,

Martin.

Old June 8th 04, 12:30 AM
Maciek Matach

Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just taken delivery of my new Sportwagon 2.4JTD Veloce - lovely. Trouble
> is the mirrors - they are just black (unpainted) platic.
>
> I was expecting them to be painted body colour (Lipari Grey) as part of
> the Veloce spec, but this has not happened - do you think this is a
> mistake. All other colours seem to have painted mirrors - maybe Alfa are
> being cheapskates on the dark coloured models and just fitting black
> mirrors.
>
> Anyone any views / similar problems?? (post reply only)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

All 156 produced before 2002 year has black mirrors
Old July 26th 04, 03:25 PM
Martin

Finally got my mirrors sorted last week.

Dealer had to order 2 new unpainted (none turismo) ones, then paint and fit
them.

Took over 2 months - but at least it is now sorted!