Noise When Going From First to Second

Old July 25th 05, 08:26 PM
rw

Default Noise When Going From First to Second

I have a 2001 BMW 325xi with Automatic Transmission. For the past few
years I sometimes have a problem when the car shifts from first to
second. The shift tends to be rough / drops hard into gear and there
is a loud rubbing noise (not the tires) that I hear. This happens most
often when I'm driving up a hill, bumper to bumper traffic, or the
wheel is turned to some degree at a slow speed (parking lot situation).
This only occurs when going from 1st to 2nd.

I took it to the dealer and after two looks they still were not able to
identify a problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -rw

Old July 25th 05, 09:21 PM
R. Mark Clayton

Could be the bands are tight / loose or the planet gears are worn.

oups.com...