seats

Old May 4th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default seats

Need to put "racing style" offroad seats in the TJ (attached to cage, 5 pt harness).
Need them in the wider styles. Any suggestions? I dont mind paying some $, but I
want good quality long wearing seats.
Thanks.
-jenn
Old May 4th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi Jennifer,
Good luck, race car drivers are small people, like jockeys, you may
see Cory Mcclenathan being interviewed by not as small a drivers after
his Saturday Crash: http://billhughes.com/temp/coryMacCrash.mpg
You find something other than especially made, post it for us (me).
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 7th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

WIDER???

Isn't that like admitting that you're older than 29?

Old May 7th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

FAWK!
I cant remember 29. lol.

On Sat, 6 May 2006 17:38:00 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:

>>WIDER???
>>
>>Isn't that like admitting that you're older than 29?

. ..

Old May 7th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I remember I was still carded at 29, that was in the days before
Mad Mothers. :-(
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 7th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The Corbeau Ultra SS in a wide is not bad at all. One of the local stores had one on
display. However, I am planning on going with PRP seats instead. Probably the
Competition Pro Series in a wide.
-jenn

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 8th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi Jennifer,
Take pictures for us. Usually the sides are so high it makes it
difficult to squeeze in-between it and the steering wheel. It's not like
we're in a sand buggy only a foot off the ground.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 8th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Well, when I get mine in I sure will. I know exactly what you mean. Had that on a
Jeep I recently went to sit in to check out the seats. I hope to get all the work
done on the rig in July, so I will be ordering stuff next week with that in mind. The
Atlas will take 5-6 weeks to get, and I am not sure of the time lag on the seats, its
a couple of weeks at least I think since they are custom built.
-jenn

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 8th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Cool.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 27th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I think the key point here is the "racing style" rather than racing. Racing
bucket seats are very light and are not designed for lasting very long (they
have minimal padding because you don't do that many miles in them and it
adds weight).

If you don't mind paying the money, something from Recaro is usually pretty
good quality (they make seats for sportier european models, and a lot of
stuff for the aircraft industry).
http://www.paragon-products.com/prod...on_leather.htm
Sparco stuff used to be pretty good also. Corbeau used to be ok, but I think
they have gone down hill now.

You *must* try one in a shop, as bucket seats being a fixed shape may not
suit your shape. If you can't get on with a full bucket, you can still get
some fairly decent lateral supporting recliners (again Recaro do good ones).

Dave Milne