Problems with leftovers

Old May 10th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Tiberio

Default Problems with leftovers

Are there any problems that may be typical with a fairly old left over
vehicle? I've found a dealer who has two 2005 Mountaineers, both with <100
miles. They are loaded models and are both priced around $29K. They are
about $12K less than new and still $3K more than what KBB thinks a true used
one with the same miles is worth. I'll work on the price but if I do this
what kinds of things should I look for in a vehicle that has been sitting
that long? Both mechanically and regarding future value? I should note
that they do in fact come with a new warrantee. Thanks in advance.

Old May 11th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Art McClinton

Which part of New Orleans did this vehicle come from.

I personally do not have sufficient knowledge to attempt to judge the value
of such a vehicle. I know that is possible to get a good one, but it also
can be one that is salvaged from a dealers lot that went under water. I
just remember seeing a local dealer park is over flow next to the creek
which flooded. I am certain all were sold in sales later on.

Old May 11th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Tiberio

"Art McClinton" > wrote in message
> Which part of New Orleans did this vehicle come from.
>
> I personally do not have sufficient knowledge to attempt to judge the
> value of such a vehicle. I know that is possible to get a good one, but
> it also can be one that is salvaged from a dealers lot that went under
> water. I just remember seeing a local dealer park is over flow next to
> the creek which flooded. I am certain all were sold in sales later on.

Thanks, that's a damn good point I hadn't considered. If the insurance
company wasn't involved there is no resaon for this to show up on Carfax.

Old May 11th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bill Jeffrey

Ashton Crusher wrote:
> OTOH, if it has a new car warranty any problems from the flood, if
> there even was one, should certainly show up during the warranty
> period.

Would the warranty cover flood damage? I thought they provided coverage
against manufacturer's defects.

Bill

Electrical Problems/ Starter Problems 1990 BMW 325is Ben Martin BMW 0 April 19th 06 11:20 PM
Leftovers KJ.Kate Ford Mustang 13 March 7th 06 01:03 PM
225-6 problems Colton Brull Dodge 0 April 23rd 05 02:22 AM
problems at or near WOT [email protected] Ford Mustang 4 April 21st 05 02:46 AM
A/C Problems....Help!!! Jon H. Dodge 2 July 17th 04 03:39 AM