02 A4 Econ button won't turn off

Old November 1st 06, 03:39 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Prion

Default 02 A4 Econ button won't turn off

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> How did you know it was time to refill the refrigerant? Was it simply
> not getting very cold?
> Thanks for the feedback!
>

> Sami Heikkinen wrote:
>> > Audi themselves recommend the system is "re-charged" every two years.
>> > Is
>> > this then somehow unnecessary?

>> Eventually the system needs to be refilled (not quite accurate term for
>> the
>> job done really). Refrigerant will evaporate (or something like that)
>> over
>> time. I just got my system refilled this summer for the first time and
>> almost half of the refrigerant was gone. Car is 5 years old now.
>>
>> So, I would say it is not necessary to refill/dry the system every two
>> years. It will last longer in a good shape.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sami

Reason gas is lost is that there is a compressor on the system and the
compressor has a driveshaft which exits the compressor casing, is sealed to
that casing using the most cost effective means available. The seal being
imperfect leaks, hence the need to top-up the system every now and again.

Audi must feel that 2 years is the correct period of time to avoid
malfunctioning of the system, at the same time avoiding too much noise about
an overly demanding maintenance regime for the equipment but it must be
realised that there is no hard and fast period, with some systems not
achieving two years and others going considerably longer.

Old November 1st 06, 04:49 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Peter Bell

In message >
"Prion" > wrote:

> Audi must feel that 2 years is the correct period of time to avoid
> malfunctioning of the system, at the same time avoiding too much noise about
> an overly demanding maintenance regime for the equipment but it must be
> realised that there is no hard and fast period, with some systems not
> achieving two years and others going considerably longer.

The aircon in my RS6 was certainly becoming noticeably less effective
after three years. A regas during the service visit has certainly
restored the cooling.

Old March 7th 08, 09:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
A4AVANT

Hi Jeremy,

I read your post about "ECON LIGHT PROBLEM"... I've the same problem in
my A4. Do you solved this problem? Can you tell me how?
Thank you very much.
Ciao Marcello

--
A4AVANT
A4AVANT's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=3346

Old March 8th 08, 06:06 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ[_3_]

A4AVANT wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I read your post about "ECON LIGHT PROBLEM"... I've the same problem in
> my A4. Do you solved this problem? Can you tell me how?
> Thank you very much.
> Ciao Marcello

The ECON light indicates that the AC compressor is off. Even if you have
the heat set to AUTO The AC is off if the ambient temperature is lower
than 37F degrees.
Old March 9th 08, 12:13 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
A4AVANT > wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I read your post about "ECON LIGHT PROBLEM"... I've the same problem in
> my A4. Do you solved this problem? Can you tell me how?
> Thank you very much.
> Ciao Marcello

I thought it means that the A/C has a fault. What does the A4 manual
say?

--
I don't read Google's spam. Reply with another service.
Old March 9th 08, 02:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
A4AVANT[_2_]

I think so... Unfortunatly I think my clima has a fault.... I'll go in a
Audi service....