butterfly fish mortality

Old December 30th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
Mike D.

Default butterfly fish mortality

I have had three consecutive butterfly fishes of different specie, and they
have all died. The longest time period that I had any of them was perhaps
two months. They started out healthy-looking and beautiful and then they
just died, or perhaps in one or two cases, got sick and died shortly
thereafter. I have read that butterfly fishes are not easy to keep healthy,
but should I be losing this many? My other fishes have been conspicuously
healthy all this time. I have a niger trigger, a sailfin tang, a marine
betta, I previously had a yellow damsel, and two percula clowns, and all
were in excellent shape. My water conditions were excellent, according to my
test kits, the only thing, perhaps I was a little vigorous when doing the
water changes, but I wouldn't say overly so. Any advice would be
appreciated. Mike.

New to Goldfish...having troubles. Adam Lion Goldfish 9 April 26th 05 09:44 AM
fish euthanasia HK_Newbie General 164 December 21st 04 02:51 PM
SAN DIEGO FISH CLUB SanDiegoFishes Plants 0 October 8th 04 07:16 PM
San Diego Tropical Fish Society, July 11th SanDiegoFishes General 0 July 7th 04 02:59 AM
NYT Mag article about goldfish vets Gunther Goldfish 1 May 3rd 04 12:03 PM