Alfa 164 3.0 Lusso 1989 - FOR SALE !!!

Old April 18th 06, 05:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Alfa 164 3.0 Lusso 1989 - FOR SALE !!!

Alfa 164 3.0 Lusso V6 Manual
4 door saloon with electric sunroof
Petrol
Registered 01.08.1989 (G reg)
Red (of course)
Located in South Warwickshire (nr. Stratford-Upon-Avon), England

I've had the car since 2001 and it was used daily until its last MoT ran out
on the 27.01.2005 and we started to use one of our other cars. Since that
time it has been SORN'd and garaged.

Bodywise, it is in very good condition - the only problems being some
peeling lacquer on the rear and a small crack in the rear brake light (being
double skinned, it never failed an MoT as it didn't let white light out) but
having said that I have a replacement unit. Interior is clean and tidy with
fabric seats.

Mechanically, it was running daily and well with good performance. The 5
speed gearbox and all running gear was good. There was, however, a pull to
the left which I could never sort out.

It had the usual Alfa foibles with windows behaving erratically and I never
had the courage to try the rear electric reclining seats.

Obviously the car would need recommisioning prior to any MoT and putting it
back on the road.

Why did I keep it till now ? I had intended to put the car through an MoT
and then sell it but never got round to it due to work and other interests.

Having said all of that, I now need to dispose of the car as I'm looking to
emigrate and can't take it with me. I could sell it to a breakers, but it's
too good to break and I'd rather it went to a good home, hence this advert
to your Alfa-enthusiast newsgroup.

The car is not free. I'm looking for a minimum of £100. "Surely not" I hear
you squeal ! This is to deter those looking to just break the car and sell
on the parts at a profit to themselves. I would rather break it myself but
prefer it to be recommissioned and used by someone who appreciates the
model.

I know that somewhere on eBay there would be some schmuck who would pay over
the odds for it but frankly I can't be arsed to sell it that way - all of
that buyer/seller scoring and responding to stupid questions at 3 o'clock in
the morning.

So if anyone out there is interested, just post an offer and I'll contact
you directly to discuss. I may even be able to provide pictures if really
required but it is simply an unmodified red 164 model.

Some simple things to note:

1. Buyer collects. You'll will need a trailer or some other means of
transporting it.
2. Cash on collection
3. We're not talking large sums here so if you make an offer stick to it -
don't appear and then start negotiating. If you do, I will simply refuse to
sell it to you for any price so you will waste both our times.
4. Equally, if I accept your offer you can be assured that I will not accept
any subsequent higher offers. Also note that this is the only advert for the
car.
5. I work with computers every day so I do not spend every evening surfing
the net so don't be surprised if you don't get a response immediately.
6. It does not come with a warranty - it will be sold as seen (Stating the
bleeding obvious I know, but I would like to preempt any patently stupid
questions).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make an offer if you are not sure. Lets be
clear - you will need to do some work to get the car back on the road so
please do not see this as a cheap runabout.

Finally, please don't feel the need to respond to this posting with any
witty repartee if you're not interested in the car - I'll know soon enough
if my expectations are too high.

Whatever happens, keep up the interesting and amusing discussions in the
newsgroup.

Regards, Tony