No Suzuki Sidekick owners in here?

Old July 24th 05, 10:43 AM
don farr

Default No Suzuki Sidekick owners in here?

Buy a Book for it.Hayens,chiltons....ect.

Old July 24th 05, 12:17 PM
Painless

Hi. I have a 92 sidekick 4door 4x4 w\Automatic.
I think my ecm brain may be bad. There is this guy on e-bay selling (Fix it
yourself Kits) He mentioned you didn't even have to locate your old one. So
I'm thinking what he sells must plug into somthing that makes the engine run
again without touching the engines brain. Any one know of what this guy is
trying to sell me????????
It is like $30.00 and a new brain is $300.00.

"ME" > schreef in bericht
> How Bout a mechanic? This sidekick is being more of a nut kick.

I'd sooner try a breaker's for a second hand emc. These things they sell on
Ebay are a few resistors and wires that do funny things with the existing
emc to give more power. Which won't be any good for you if you don't have a
proper one to begin with.
Or buy a scrap Suzi (with the emc in it) for more spare parts and a Hayes
manual.

Have fun,
Frank

Old July 27th 05, 10:56 PM

Painless wrote:

> Or buy a scrap Suzi (with the emc in it) for more spare parts and a Hayes
> manual.

The Haynes manuals for these series (sidekick/tracker/samurai) is ****
& only gives you the dumb stuff you already know or can figure out with
common sense. Pay the bux & get the factory manual if you're really
going to work on it. Esp the electricals.

Old August 5th 05, 05:55 PM
ME

I have a repair manual for this vehicle. It sux..
Is there any way to test my ecm before buying a new one?

ups.com...

Old August 13th 05, 12:39 PM
Painless

Yes, if the car is fitted with an on board diagnostic plug, the service
manual could be useful to check some signals coming from this OBD plug, with
a simple multimeter. (it gives pulses, which you can read as flips from the
dial on the meter).
Does the repair manual give this info?

Frank

"ME" > schreef in bericht

Old August 15th 05, 10:53 PM
ME

Havent seen it.

l...

Old August 28th 05, 10:57 PM
tyrless

I went to exit the interstate and when I tried to disengage the clutch to
down shift, the clutch was already lying on the floor. What the heck
happened, and what do I do about it?

suzuki sidekick geoman Technology 14 December 13th 05 10:34 PM
Suzuki Sidekick heating/cooling problem Danny Madden Technology 6 January 27th 05 03:40 PM
No dash/rear lights on 97 Suzuki Sidekick Brian Pipa 4x4 16 January 11th 04 07:26 AM