fish compatibility

Old October 31st 03, 05:43 PM
.

Default fish compatibility

Well, It's been about a week and all is calm in the house.
First night the two triggers did some spiraling and posturing. Mainly the
niger trying to assert it's dominance.
The picasso which is actaully about 3" longer than the niger. merely swam
off about a foot and turned broadside and extended his triggers and the
niger did the atypical "Oh Sh*t" and all has been peaceful since.
Feeding nights have gone without any issues also.

Thanks for the response.

Old October 31st 03, 06:06 PM
~Vicki ~

I will pick up a breeder compartment then and give it a try. Thank you
very much for your help.

Vicki

if you can isolate them, they will learn by following the example of
other fish. i put a piece of eggcrate in my tank to partition it into 2
tanks when i get new fish, if the fish is large enough not to go through
the holes.

Old October 31st 03, 07:43 PM
Dragon Slayer

feeding nights???????????

i feed mine daily, they 'think' they'd starve if it was any less often.

kc

Old November 6th 03, 10:00 PM
.

Vicki, not sure if it will work the same for you. I have a large tank, 160
gallons and a decent number of hiding spaces. So I also have space for them
to get away from each other if needed. Hopefully it will work well for you
too.

Old December 30th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
Mike D.

I have read that a picasso triggers are very pugnacious, and
b two types of trigger kept in same tank is a bad
idea.

I have a green or niger trigger (Odonus Niger) and he is interesting and
entertaining, but he is rough on the other tank inhabitants at times. he
chases my sailfin tang, but he respects my dwarf lionfish, and he ignores my
marine betta. Mike.
"." [email protected] wrote in message ...
I have an opportunity to get a picasso trigger for a great price. Trigger
is about 5-6" long.
Question is whether this would get along with the tanks current residents.
Or if it's just asking for trouble.
Current tank residents are a dogface puffer about 6" long,
a lunare wrasse about 4" long, a locally caught croaker also about 4", and

niger trigger about 4-5". Tank is a 160 gallon 84"L x 18"W x 24"T

typical
filtration wet/dry, skimmer and a 25 W UV. about 100 lbs rock and
decorative coral. Tank is established for about 1 year.

Am I asking for trouble adding a Picasso to this group, it's a beautiful
fish and good size probably about an inch maybe inch and a half bigger

than
the niger who is the current boss of the tank.

Thanks in advance