Wife wants a pillow - help!

Old February 2nd 05, 08:19 AM
Wound Up

ndsorFox[SS] wrote:
> JohnH wrote:
>
>> The wife wants a pillow in the Mustang. I don't mind that, as long as
>> the pillow supports the 'decor' so to speak.
>>
>> Anyone know where a pillow with the Mustang emblem can be purchased?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> John H
>>
>> On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
>>
>> "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and
>> necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

> Wait, all these replies and not one question. Pillow? WTF kind of
> pillow? Pillow for what? To do what with? She plan on stretching out in
> the back seat for a snooze on a long trip or what??

JohnH, you're a good man. I'll continue looking for you. Tomorrow, I
hope to provide links and/or phone numbers. Someone will find something
for you. This is a good group.

And now...

WindsorFox[SS], the "reason" is that we presume not to ask a question
such as that, so as not to be insensitive. I see you make no such
presumption, which doesn't surprise me one bit. Determining when and
when not to make smart-ass comments comes with intellectual maturity.

Maybe she has back problems. Maybe there are other orthopedic reasons.
Or maybe, the woman simply wishes to be more comfortable in this car.

The point is that it doesn't matter why. The point is he's trying to
make his wife more comfortable in sharing his hobby and/or passion with
him. She made a simple request, and he's trying his best to accommodate
it. This is called "marriage". It's what grown-ups often do for each
other, i.e., compromise, and help one another through their lives
together. I really don't care if it's your path or not. We all have
different lives. But a lack of willingness or ability to understand it
simply bespeaks a lack of mental capacity.

For God's sake, man, ask YOURSELF why these questions haven't come up
yet, and think a moment, rather than assuming that everyone else simply
missed it. I could have easily come up with 100 smart-ass comments, and
all of them would have been better than yours. Do you really think
everyone else just missed it? If so, you're underestimating a lot of
people. And with that said, what's the point of such commentary? To be
an ass? You've done well, if that was your point.

This man asked a simple question, and we tried to answer it. Try to
imagine yourself outside of your own limited existence, just once, and
maybe you'll understand, mister smart-ass quip guy.

WF, I think so very little of you, and yet, you just never fail to
disappoint me.

If you must, go ahead and bring on the funk. I'll just crack my
knuckles, and enjoy the spar, and the inevitable takedown, like last
time, and the time before. If you must do so, please put some actual
effort into it to make it interesting. Your previous volleys have been
very disappointing.

Old February 2nd 05, 08:56 AM
Spike

Hey, Kate... make a pillow for him.... you're into the redecorating
the garage mode....

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:08:36 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>Hey John,
>I think it might be fairly easy to do.
>Get the fabric and then transfer a good quality image to it. Seems like it
>would be about as easy as it could get.
>You could transfer the image onto iron on paper and then stitchaway while
>you were watching TV.
>
>*grin*
>
>Kate
>
>"JohnH" > wrote in message
.. .
>| On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:51:45 GMT, "SVTKate"
>| > wrote:
>|
>| >Umm...
>| >Does she own a sewing machine?
>| >Know how to do cross stitch or embroidery?
>| >
>| >Kate
>| >
>| >"cobra boy" > wrote in message
>|
>| Do you have a source for a cross stitch pattern? Hell, I might learn
>| if it'll keep her happy!
>|
>| John H
>|
>| On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
>| on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
>|
>| "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to
>resolve it."
>| Rene Descartes

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old February 2nd 05, 11:27 AM
SVTKate

Uh.. yea....
I suppose I could.

Wonder what it's worth to him.

"Spike" > wrote in message
| Hey, Kate... make a pillow for him.... you're into the redecorating
| the garage mode....
|
| On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:08:36 GMT, "SVTKate"
| > wrote:
|
| >Hey John,
| >I think it might be fairly easy to do.
| >Get the fabric and then transfer a good quality image to it. Seems like
it
| >would be about as easy as it could get.
| >You could transfer the image onto iron on paper and then stitchaway while
| >you were watching TV.
| >
| >*grin*
| >
| >Kate
| >
| >"JohnH" > wrote in message
| .. .
| >| On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:51:45 GMT, "SVTKate"
| >|
> [...]
| >|
| >| Do you have a source for a cross stitch pattern? Hell, I might learn
| >| if it'll keep her happy!
| >|
| >| John H
| >|

Old February 2nd 05, 11:31 AM
SVTKate

"Wound Up" > wrote

| WF, I think so very little of you, and yet, you just never fail to
| disappoint me.
|
| If you must, go ahead and bring on the funk. I'll just crack my
| knuckles, and enjoy the spar, and the inevitable takedown, like last
| time, and the time before. If you must do so, please put some actual
| effort into it to make it interesting. Your previous volleys have been
| very disappointing.

Uh...
*dazed and confused look*
You're kidding ... right?

Old February 2nd 05, 11:47 AM
SVTKate

Those are "OK"
but what if a person wanted different colors, or something not so... err...
bright.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=42606

Old February 2nd 05, 11:58 AM
SVTKate

Hey John,
what if you took an image like this (sans honeycomb) and transferred it to
black fabric using fabric paints?
http://www.mondeo-freunde-westerwald...stang_Logo.jpg

Kate

Old February 2nd 05, 01:20 PM
JohnH

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:27:44 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>Uh.. yea....
>I suppose I could.
>
>Wonder what it's worth to him.

No, no, no! I'll do it, or, better yet, get SWMBO to do it. Hell,
she's the one that wants it!

Now I have to find a logo.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:22 PM
JohnH

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:15:13 GMT, Wound Up
> wrote:

>JohnH wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:49:03 GMT, "cobra boy" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Go to www.fordcolection.com maybe they will have something.
>>>excobra boy '97 cobra convertible deceased

>> Thanks, but no luck. Maybe it's just a pipedream.

>Would a sewn-on jacket patch work? You know, recessed into the pillow?
>
>I'm thinking that might be your best option. Surely there are quite a
>few merchandisers that sell patches with the Mustang running horse logo
>on them.
>

>> John H
>>
>> On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
>> on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
>>
>> "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
>> Rene Descartes

Now I'm leaning toward's needlepoint or something, and letting the
wife do it. Hell, she's the one that wants it!

Old February 2nd 05, 01:24 PM
JohnH

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:01:10 -0600, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> wrote:

>JohnH wrote:
>> The wife wants a pillow in the Mustang. I don't mind that, as long as
>> the pillow supports the 'decor' so to speak.
>>
>> Anyone know where a pillow with the Mustang emblem can be purchased?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> John H
>>
>> On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
>> on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
>>
>> "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
>> Rene Descartes

>Wait, all these replies and not one question. Pillow? WTF kind of
>pillow? Pillow for what? To do what with? She plan on stretching out
>in the back seat for a snooze on a long trip or what??

Right! She wants a damn pillow, and I don't want a regular bedroom
pillow laying around the back seat of my new car.

So, I'm thinking along the lines of a screaming yellow pillow, with
the Mustang emblem embroidered thereon. That would add to the decor,
you see.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:41 PM
JohnH

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:05:01 -0600, "Erik D." >
wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=42606
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=42606
>
>Just typed in mustang pillow on ebay.
>
>Erik D.
>'94 white lightning
>'01 white GT

Not exactly what I want, but getting pretty close! At least I now have
the logo I want. I don't want the 'ford' and 'mustang' written on it.
Hell, if people don't know what it is, they won't be allowed in the
car. Thanks for the research Erik!