The 1967 VW Homepage

Old February 13th 05, 08:46 PM
veedub1967

Default The 1967 VW Homepage

Hi All,

It's been almost 3 years since I last posted, and also just about that long
since I updated my website. But, now it's done, and I'm pretty pleased with
it.
Please pay me a visit and let me know what you think! My email can be found
on the site.

The site includes everything I've discovered about the 67 bug, but please
let me know if I've missed anything.

Thank you very much, and I hope you'll drop me some comments!

http://www.geocities.com/veedub1967/
Ken

Old February 14th 05, 12:59 AM
Howard Rose

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:46:24 GMT, "veedub1967" >
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>It's been almost 3 years since I last posted, and also just about that long
>since I updated my website. But, now it's done, and I'm pretty pleased with
>it.
>Please pay me a visit and let me know what you think! My email can be found
>on the site.

Very nice and informative site! - and lovely VW!

BTW, the flasher switch and the single dash vent where introduced for
the '66 model year. The sunvisor clips look the same as my '66 too...

Ahhh... went to look at the rest of the site but the bandwidths been
exceeded!

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
Old February 14th 05, 04:27 AM
veedub1967

ahh... a parts book i referred to says gave different parts numbers tho they
kinda looked the same to me.

1. I think that the dash vent was introed in 66 but it was white? and the 67
and on one was black, and in 68 they had 3 vents.
2. Your sunvivisor clips should look like this
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/De...m?ID=111857561 . Altho
the sunvisors for 65-67 looked the same, the shaft for the 67 ones are
slightly longer to fit the later style clips.
3. You might be right about the flasher switch. Will check again!

Thanks for visiting, and I think the site is up and running again..

Ken

Old February 14th 05, 04:54 AM
bill may

dont forget 1967 one year only generater(push on terminals),3 differant
inside door lock knobs.

Old February 14th 05, 06:04 AM
veedub1967

Hi Thanks for the info.. But could you elaborate? Didn't all 12v generators
have push on terminals? And I think I've already mentioned the door lock
knobs.. Did I make a mistake? TIA!

Ken

oups.com...

Old February 14th 05, 03:31 PM
Jim

Monday, February 14 2005, @ 6:28 AM (-0800 GMT)

I've seen pics of the black knobs. My '67, which I just sold, had the
original black knobs on the radio, but "after market" types on the
doors. The original door knobs were rather large in diameter, about an
inch I believe. Finding these original door knobs is virtually
impossible in the U.S.. I tried with no success. I did manage to find
an original Sapphire VI AM/FM radio but it took quite a while and cost
a pretty penny.

Old February 14th 05, 04:11 PM
veedub1967

Thanks for that. Sapphire was only available to the US market, while UK and
Asia were offered Blaupunkts and Beckers. I'm rather confused, I thought
67's in the US used Sapphire V, which had chrome buttons and chrome knobs.

As for the door knobs, were the ones I have on the site orignal? I had those
on my car when I bought them, and I managed to find another pair at a swap
meet when I was in the US for a holiday. They have a tendency to bend over
time, but I got spares!

Thanks again, and please clarify if you can..

Ken

Old February 14th 05, 05:38 PM
Howard Rose

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:27:57 GMT, "veedub1967" >
wrote:

>1. I think that the dash vent was introed in 66 but it was white? and the 67
>and on one was black, and in 68 they had 3 vents.

No, it was definitely black! There's a dashboard pic he
http://www.howard81.co.uk/upload/66/dashboard.jpg

>2. Your sunvivisor clips should look like this
>http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/De...m?ID=111857561 . Altho
>the sunvisors for 65-67 looked the same, the shaft for the 67 ones are
>slightly longer to fit the later style clips.

To be honest, I can't remember the exact details, the photo of the '67
one is too small. It does look similar, but I'll check again next
time...

>3. You might be right about the flasher switch. Will check again!

It was a first for '66...

VW did change the wheels partway through the '67 model year, and put a
bead on the inside of the rim - meaning that you could run tubeless
tyres (or something like that).

I see your '67 shares the same white/red colour combination as my '66
- and RHD! Are you in Singapore? Seems like a Singapore licence
number...

There's whole bunch of pictures of my April 1966 car he

Old February 14th 05, 05:50 PM
Howard Rose

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:11:10 GMT, "veedub1967" >
wrote:

>Thanks for that. Sapphire was only available to the US market, while UK and
>Asia were offered Blaupunkts and Beckers. I'm rather confused, I thought
>67's in the US used Sapphire V, which had chrome buttons and chrome knobs.

I thought '67 was the Sapphire V and Sapphire VII. IIRC, there was
also another Sapphire VIII which had an 8-track!

Other markets were just fitted with dealer radios, so anything could
have been fitted. The most common in the UK was a Grundig or
Motorola, as well as the Blaupunkt if you had a few more £££ to spend!

I've never seen a Beetle with a dealer fitted Becker. These were very
expensive when new, so mostly ended up in Porsche or Mercedes!

Old February 14th 05, 07:15 PM
Jim

Monday, February 14 2005, @ 10:01 AM (-0800 GMT)

Hi Ken,

I've only seen Sapphire IV and Sapphire VI "ALL TRANSISTOR," made by
Bendix, here in the U.S. I suppose, like you say, the Sapphire V is
here also, it has to be, but I've never seen one. Both the IV and the
VI are EXACTLY as you describe below. Both have fake "chrome" buttons
and knobs. Judging by what I've seen over many years, the "IV," which
is AM only, was the most popular. Only a small percentage of Bugs had
the "VI," which was AM/FM. The reason for that, I suspect, (other than
a higher price), was that in 1966/67, there were relatively few FM
radio stations here.

The window crank knobs you show on your web page "look" original,
certainly more original than the smaller diameter black plastic after
market types I had. I've never seen the originals. I've just been told
they are "rubbery" and large diameter just like the dash knobs. I
assumed they were all black. I'm surprised to see yours
are/silver/black.

Jim

http://www.ClassicVWBug4Sale.info

Many fotos - many links - many pages. <g>

wrote:

>Thanks for that. Sapphire was only available to the US market, while UK and
>Asia were offered Blaupunkts and Beckers. I'm rather confused, I thought
>67's in the US used Sapphire V, which had chrome buttons and chrome knobs.
>
>As for the door knobs, were the ones I have on the site orignal? I had those
>on my car when I bought them, and I managed to find another pair at a swap
>meet when I was in the US for a holiday. They have a tendency to bend over
>time, but I got spares!
>
>Thanks again, and please clarify if you can..
>
>Ken
>
>"Jim" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Monday, February 14 2005, @ 6:28 AM (-0800 GMT)
>>
>> I've seen pics of the black knobs. My '67, which I just sold, had the
>> original black knobs on the radio, but "after market" types on the
>> doors. The original door knobs were rather large in diameter, about an
>> inch I believe. Finding these original door knobs is virtually
>> impossible in the U.S.. I tried with no success. I did manage to find
>> an original Sapphire VI AM/FM radio but it took quite a while and cost
>> a pretty penny.
>>

>> On 13 Feb 2005 19:54:17 -0800, "bill may" > wrote:
>>
>>>dont forget 1967 one year only generater(push on terminals),3 differant
>>>inside door lock knobs.

1967 VW Bug: Special and 1-year only features... Jim VW water cooled 19 February 16th 05 05:36 PM
1967 Fury III sunnyinaz Chrysler 6 February 14th 05 11:17 PM
F.S.Olds 1967 Delta 88 Conv. Parts [email protected] Antique cars 1 January 4th 05 04:41 PM
1967 Ford Galaxie JP Antique cars 0 August 14th 04 03:11 AM
FS: 1967 Mustang Convt Mark Antique cars 0 April 22nd 04 07:41 PM