Pinion angle... what's the secret?

Old March 8th 05, 04:33 PM
Rusted

Nothing that a little JB weld couldn't fix..

Old March 8th 05, 05:59 PM
Jeff Strickland

The Pinion Angle and the Tcase Output shaft should be parallel, not on a
straight line to each other.

Old March 8th 05, 06:25 PM
William Oliveri

That's if he's running a non-cv shaft. Since he's running a CV shaft the
pinion should be pointing to the transfercase.

Old March 8th 05, 06:41 PM
Jeff Strickland

I figured that out after I hit the Send button.

Old March 9th 05, 01:33 AM
twaldron

Ain't that the way it always is?

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> I figured that out after I hit the Send button.

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old March 9th 05, 02:02 AM
Nathan Otis

That helps. Thanks! _thumbs up_
n.

Old March 9th 05, 02:07 AM
Nathan Otis

Nothing has changed in the front though... I drove into the shop, vibeless,
in 4hi, with no rear driveshaft (with the t-case in it's current lifted
position). The only thing I changed was the rear pinion and added the shaft.
n.

Old March 9th 05, 11:14 PM
Jeff Strickland

What I need is an Unsend Button ...

Old March 9th 05, 11:53 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Netscape users have a Cancel Message command:
http://www.billhughes.com/cancelM.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Rack and Pinion failure Tom B Chrysler 8 January 29th 05 05:52 PM
Does the Chrysler Corporation Car Production Broadcast paper show pinion bearing preload and pinion nut torque? JP Dodge 6 September 21st 04 02:16 AM