Starting problem in 89 Civic LX

Old October 11th 05, 08:42 AM

Default Starting problem in 89 Civic LX

Is bad alarm system causes the major starting problem?
For the first time in 2 or years, the engine turned over
the first time I turned the key. I did not wait for car to cool down.
It started right on first since I discovered the electrical problem on
alarm system. But I don't know if this is the only problem. IN the
past, I suspected the problem on starter, main relay, bad ignition,
batter, distributor and/or battery. I replaced battery and main relay.
3 days ago was a worst starting trouble I had, to wait for 3 hr to
start the car. Then next day, I discovered a electrical problem on
alarm system. I want to remove the whole alarm system including all the
wires. I don't know how.
The problem of alarm also seems to cause other problem.
The amplifier is receiving sometimes a less current that output is
weaker than a normal I suspect this is caused by the electrical
problem on Alarm system.

Old October 11th 05, 01:52 PM
Burt Squareman

> wrote in message oups.com...

> Is bad alarm system causes the major starting problem?
> For the first time in 2 or years, the engine turned over
> the first time I turned the key. I did not wait for car to cool down.
> It started right on first since I discovered the electrical problem on
> alarm system. But I don't know if this is the only problem. IN the
> past, I suspected the problem on starter, main relay, bad ignition,
> batter, distributor and/or battery. I replaced battery and main relay.
> 3 days ago was a worst starting trouble I had, to wait for 3 hr to
> start the car. Then next day, I discovered a electrical problem on
> alarm system. I want to remove the whole alarm system including all the
> wires. I don't know how.
> The problem of alarm also seems to cause other problem.
> The amplifier is receiving sometimes a less current that output is
> weaker than a normal I suspect this is caused by the electrical
> problem on Alarm system.

Sounds like it doesn't crank. This is probably due to the alarm relay
installed on the vehicle. Either bypass the alarm's relay or
disconnect the alarm fuse. Most alarm manufactures allow the car
to return to it's normal state when the alarm's fuse is removed. This
allows you to diagnose the problem based on factory procedures.