1993 Concorde

Old June 30th 05, 12:34 AM
Rabbitdog

Default 1993 Concorde

Mine did that once. I had the larger engine, I can't remember if it was
3.5 or 3.8, anyway it was the larger engine they made that year. It
turned out to be the plug wires. They are not real easy to replace
because they are routed under the air intake plemum. So if you do it
yourself, make sure you get a plenum gasket because you will have to take
it off to do the job. It's not real hard, it just takes a while. It
certainly is not as easy as my 57 Ford was.

Old June 30th 05, 01:02 AM
maxpower

"Rabbitdog" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Mine did that once. I had the larger engine, I can't remember if it was
> 3.5 or 3.8, anyway it was the larger engine they made that year. It
> turned out to be the plug wires. They are not real easy to replace
> because they are routed under the air intake plemum. So if you do it
> yourself, make sure you get a plenum gasket because you will have to take
> it off to do the job. It's not real hard, it just takes a while. It
> certainly is not as easy as my 57 Ford was.

Its the 3.5 and the next time you need to install the plug wires do yourself
a favor, leave the intake alone. Take the boots off of the wires that
connect to the coil tower and you can feed the wires under the manifold,
once they are ran, simply put the boots back on and pop em on the tower. Do
this to each one.
I'm referring to Mopar wires, not sure if the aftermarket wires have the
boots glued on or not, but in the long run, Mopar will save you time.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 30th 05, 02:36 AM
Art

My father had a 57 Ford wagon. His first new car. It was rusting by 58.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old June 30th 05, 11:30 PM
Steve

Rabbitdog wrote:
> They are not real easy to replace
> because they are routed under the air intake plemum. So if you do it
> yourself, make sure you get a plenum gasket because you will have to take
> it off to do the job.

I've replaced those wires SEVERAL times in 230,000 miles on my wife's
car, and never once taken the plenum off to do it. You can work the
small (coil pack) end of the wire under the plenum quite easily. Or you
can do what I did the last couple of times- snip the old wires, and then
route the new wires over the top of the plenum and hold them in a nice
bundle with black tie-wraps. Not as pretty, but much more serviceable.

1993 Concorde "bucking" Bob Shuman Chrysler 1 June 29th 05 07:26 AM
Does transmission from a 1990 explorer fit a 1993 explorer? djokman Ford Explorer 1 June 11th 05 05:52 AM
1993 Chrysler Concorde starting problems jstanavgguy Chrysler 1 June 7th 05 04:20 AM
1993 Dodge Colt DB Dodge 2 October 13th 04 10:19 AM
Ebay auction 1993 626 Mazda Factory Service Manual Dale Alexander General 0 March 14th 04 05:11 AM