clean injectors?

Old February 11th 05, 01:29 AM
Dave Lee

Default clean injectors?

OK, crank sensor it was. It starts and runs. Now that I dumped all sorts of
starting fluids and old gas down the tube to attempt to start my YJ, I think
my injectors are dirty. I get a little "bucking" now and then while driving.
I have to admit, when I took the intake off the body ( what 25 years ago I
would have called the carb), inside looked horrible. All black a sooty and
gummy. I also suspect that gas I poured in there was perhaps 2 cycle mix.

I already have replaced all the electrical components, so therefore I am
assuming I am having a fuel issue now.

Any ideas on how to clean this area?

Thanks all,
you've been a wonderful resource so far.

Old February 11th 05, 02:09 AM
Jo Bo

A tooth brush and carb cleaner!

JoBo

Old February 11th 05, 02:20 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Dave,
Give a bunch of cold to operating temperature cycles for the
computer to reset from it's limp mode, before you start f**kin' with it.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old February 11th 05, 02:27 AM
HarryS

One bottle of BG-44K will do the trick

HarryS

Old February 11th 05, 04:33 AM
popeyeball

http://store.yahoo.com/bbjeep2/jeepbgadfuel.html

Old February 11th 05, 07:48 AM
Will Honea

I strongly recommend AGAINST the toothbrush - unless you first soak
the handle to be sure the plastic and bristles don't melt in the
cleaner. That disolved plastic is one flaming bitch to clean out once
you get it in there. I use some fairly soft metal brushes I bought to
clean my guns - the ones for a .22 are especially handy in the corners
- just don't get overly vigorous.

--
Will Honea
Old February 11th 05, 12:04 PM
One out of many daves

so is that stuff really good or something?

ups.com...

Old February 11th 05, 02:24 PM
DougW

One out of many daves did pass the time by typing:
> so is that stuff really good or something?

I'll stick with seafoam from NAPA.

Old February 12th 05, 12:02 AM
HarryS

It is the best stuff I have ever used and since I have been using it I have
had no issues on the fuel system or anyother BG product. By far it is the
best Pat Gauss Motor Week Writer based here in MD stakes his reputation on
it and he is one of the top if not the top expert on anything that has an
engine.
http://www.patgosscarworld.com/

HarryS

m...