extended warranty?

Old December 14th 04, 11:31 PM
JJ

Default extended warranty?

I have 22,000 plus on my 03 A4.....would it be wise to buy the extended
warranty.

Old December 15th 04, 08:17 AM
liam

"JJ" > wrote in message
>I have 22,000 plus on my 03 A4.....would it be wise to buy the extended
>warranty.

If you are in the UK I was quoted £800 per year for my 01' A6 1.8T
multitronic.
Decided not to bother and put the £800 in a savings account just in case.

Old December 17th 04, 01:40 AM
Chuck

Not to mention that the damn warranty company is extremely picky over what
they wil and will not fix.
Chuck

Old December 22nd 04, 02:14 AM
Chas

>>I have 22,000 plus on my 03 A4.....would it be wise to buy the extended
>>warranty.

> If you are in the UK I was quoted £800 per year for my 01' A6 1.8T
> multitronic.
> Decided not to bother and put the £800 in a savings account just in case.

I would put it in savings too. £800 is outrageous, esp. for 'reliable' car.

Another bonus is that you won't have to argue whether the fault is covered
or not - as you are paying to fix any problem anyway. Paying also means
that you have some recourse if the problem is not fixed - unlike warranty
fixes where you are left with a (still) broken car and then wait n weeks for
another 'slot'.