Best game for steering effect force feedback?

Old September 17th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lou

Default Best game for steering effect force feedback?

What current PC racing simulator games have the best force feedback for
feeling how the car is handling through the steering wheel? That is for
example if the front tires loose grip will the force to turn the steering
wheel change to simulate the loss of grip.

Thanks.

Old September 17th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
pjgtech[_2_]

Personally, I still think GPL (Grand Prix Legends) was excellent at
giving good feedback through FF wheel.

GTR2 is also pretty good in my opinion.

8-)

Old September 17th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On Sep 17, 1:03*pm, "Lou" > wrote:
> What current PC racing simulator games have the best force feedback for
> feeling how the car is handling through the steering wheel? That is for
> example if the front tires loose grip will the force to turn the steering
> wheel change to simulate the loss of grip.

I think the consensus right now would be iRacing. Technically, I
don't think it's leaps and bounds ahead of rFactor with LeoFFB or
RealFeel, but it seems a lot better because of the quality of the
tracks. The track surface has infinitely more character than most any
ISI-based track. That character is translated through torque on the
virtual steering column.

--
Pat Dotson
Old September 19th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lou

On Sep 17, 1:03 pm, "Lou" > wrote:
> What current PC racing simulator games have the best force feedback for
> feeling how the car is handling through the steering wheel? That is for
> example if the front tires loose grip will the force to turn the steering
> wheel change to simulate the loss of grip.

I think the consensus right now would be iRacing. Technically, I
don't think it's leaps and bounds ahead of rFactor with LeoFFB or
RealFeel, but it seems a lot better because of the quality of the
tracks. The track surface has infinitely more character than most any
ISI-based track. That character is translated through torque on the
virtual steering column.

--
Pat Dotson

Thanks for the info. I have been away from sim auto racing for a while and
decided to check out some of the current programs. I don't think I am ready

Old September 19th 08, 11:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Vectrex

I still think Richard Burns Rally has the best FF of any sim,
including iRacing and LFS. No low speed shudder, expected reactions to
gravel edges and oversteer/understeer, tyre rotational torque etc etc.
If only a sequel could exist and have higher detailed track surfaces
Old September 20th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lou

"Vectrex" > wrote in message
>I still think Richard Burns Rally has the best FF of any sim,
> including iRacing and LFS. No low speed shudder, expected reactions to
> gravel edges and oversteer/understeer, tyre rotational torque etc etc.
> If only a sequel could exist and have higher detailed track surfaces

I was just thinking I should also try a rally game. Thanks