Aura - Sluggish moving on startup in cold

Old January 27th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
New & Improved - N/F John

Default Aura - Sluggish moving on startup in cold

OK. I don't have to be told so. This car in the cold (40 degrees F) or
lower is sluggish to move the first minute after sitting for hours. I
reported this to the dealer last year. He found no error messages and said
he reprogramed the transmission. The other day the car also stalled for the
first time. Would a stall be recorded? Anyone else have this problem?

Old January 27th 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
oppie

"New & Improved - N/F John" > wrote in message
> OK. I don't have to be told so. This car in the cold (40 degrees F) or
> lower is sluggish to move the first minute after sitting for hours. I
> reported this to the dealer last year. He found no error messages and
> said
> he reprogramed the transmission. The other day the car also stalled for
> the
> first time. Would a stall be recorded? Anyone else have this problem?

Which aura model is that- 4, 6 or hybrid? Those engines show as having
variable valve timing which adds a whole new dimension of troubleshooting.
How many miles since you had the ATF fluid and filter changed? Could be that
you aren't getting good fluid pressure cold.
Also try this on a flat road - get the car moving to about 5mph, put it in
neutral and see how far it coasts. Do this again after driving a few miles.
This is a gauge of how much drag there is in the drive train, brakes and
wheel bearings.

A stall might be recorded. What were the circumstances when it stalled?

Old January 27th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bert Hyman

In news:HQQmj.529$ar6.230@trnddc07 "New & Improved - N/F John"
> wrote:

> OK. I don't have to be told so. This car in the cold (40 degrees F)
> or lower is sluggish to move the first minute after sitting for hours.

Cold? Was there a '-' missing on your temperature figure?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old January 28th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_6_]

Default OT: Aura - Sluggish moving on startup in cold

"Bert Hyman" > wrote in message
> In news:HQQmj.529$ar6.230@trnddc07 "New & Improved - N/F John"
> > wrote:
>
>> OK. I don't have to be told so. This car in the cold (40 degrees F)
>> or lower is sluggish to move the first minute after sitting for hours.

> Cold? Was there a '-' missing on your temperature figure?
>

> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

<grin> My favorite quote from Garison Keilor was about the guy who just had
enough of the the Mn winters and resolved to get onto the interstate heading
south and wasn't going to stop till someone asked what the plug coming out
the front of the radiator grille was for...

Old January 29th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
New & Improved - N/F John

I'm New Jersey. That's 40 as in above the freezing mark. That's correct.

Old January 30th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
New & Improved - N/F John

It stalled once. It was in the 20's. The dealer knows about the problem.
He experienced it in my car, said he tweaked the software for the trans.
This season I brought the issue up again and was told I need to bring it in
for an overnight. Maybe the computer will record the problem? This a day
one problem to me. I can't fight every day. I'm thinking of another car.
A smaller, different brand car.

"marx404" > wrote in message
> We have been having similar temps here in SC and no reported stalls on the
> many Auras sold here. Sounds like an isolated problem. Are you allowing

the

Old February 2nd 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Gyzmologist[_2_]

You might consider a 5-speed as any automatic can (will) have quirks. My
wife's 07 Sky has an automatic transmission that annoys the crap out of
me because it up-shifts way too soon. The dealer says they can change
the shift schedule, I just haven't taken the time to let them do it. My
car has a 5-speed and I don't have these problems.

New & Improved - N/F John wrote:
> It stalled once. It was in the 20's. The dealer knows about the problem.
> He experienced it in my car, said he tweaked the software for the trans.
> This season I brought the issue up again and was told I need to bring it in
> for an overnight. Maybe the computer will record the problem? This a day
> one problem to me. I can't fight every day. I'm thinking of another car.
> A smaller, different brand car.

--
Gyz

If a man is speaking in the middle of the forest and there is no woman
around to hear him, is he still wrong?

New Aura [email protected] Saturn 4 June 8th 07 11:36 PM
Question about Aura [email protected] Saturn 2 April 4th 07 04:33 PM
1988 Celica GT Cold start problem and smoke on startup Mel R Technology 1 September 11th 06 06:32 PM
Aura available for sale? Lyle Saturn 1 February 16th 06 03:08 AM
300+ hp AURA Red Line CE Saturn 1 January 17th 05 01:23 PM