Attention Dave "LLB" Head

Old December 5th 04, 05:59 AM
Arif Khokar

Default Attention Dave "LLB" Head

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Enjoy, and I hope you learn something.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3pfbo

Gee, I sometimes wish the roads were as flat and straight around here as
they are in that video. How fast were you going in the first part,
because a lot of drivers were passing you.
Old December 5th 04, 12:52 PM
223rem

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Dear Dave,
>
> In an earlier post, I opined that you needed a "ride-along" with a
> competent driver so you could see that it is possible to drive
> properly and still be free of ducklings. Since I probably won't ever
> get the chance to give you that ride-along for real, I'll offer you
> the next best thing: a *virtual* ride-along.
>
> As you watch the following video, you'll notice the following:
>
> * I always Keep Right Except To Pass
> * I never once have even a single duckling latch onto me
> * There are a hell of a lot of LLBs out there
>
> Enjoy, and I hope you learn something.

Interesting. You kept passing and being passed by the same vehicles--for
example that asshole LLB in the Honda mini-SUV. Why?

Anyway, what Dave will learn from your video is that the best strategy
is to stick to the left lane. It is obviously less work.
Old December 5th 04, 02:19 PM
frank-in-toronto

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:52:46 GMT, 223rem > wrote:

<snip>
>Anyway, what Dave will learn from your video is that the best strategy
>is to stick to the left lane. It is obviously less work.

what i see is a bunch of city drivers cruising in the country.
passing and being passed. usually when i get in a
pack like this, i take a chance, pick up the pace
a bit and leave them behind.

and you were ducking into the right hand lane
too many times. creating all kinds of traffic
turbulence and risk. as for passing that flatbed
on the right at the 1 minute mark, well, we all do
it but we shouldn't brag about it.
....thehick
Old December 5th 04, 06:00 PM
Arif Khokar

frank-in-toronto wrote:

> and you were ducking into the right hand lane
> too many times. creating all kinds of traffic
> turbulence and risk.

How is returning to the right lane creating "traffic turbulance and
risk?" Keep in mind that the video is recorded at a lower frame rate
and that makes things look a lot faster than they actually are.

Besides, by returning to the right lane, people were able to pass him on
the left. Did you notice anyone in the video passing the driver on the
right?
Old December 5th 04, 06:57 PM
E.R.

In a previous posting, Scott en Aztlán
> had the audacity to say:

:>as for passing that flatbed
:>on the right at the 1 minute mark, well, we all do
:>it

I don't.

:>but we shouldn't brag about it.
:
:Heh heh - yeah, Ricardo is gonna cringe when he sees that.

Not to worry, I tried to call up the file but the page wouldn't
load.

--
E.R. aka SJG aka Ricardo
present location: vancouver bc canada
Old December 5th 04, 08:29 PM
Paul

"223rem" > wrote in message
. com...

> Interesting. You kept passing and being passed by the same

vehicles--for
> example that asshole LLB in the Honda mini-SUV. Why?

Do you mean the one with the two flags on top that appeared at about
1:45 or so and exited the road at about 3:50? I noticed him and the
white Econoline van during that time frame. I'm sure that there were
others that I messed, those two just stuck out to me for some reason.

Old December 5th 04, 08:29 PM
Paul

. com...

Old December 5th 04, 08:33 PM
Paul

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Enjoy, and I hope you learn something.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3pfbo

Such light traffic..... If only to see such an open road around here....

> P.S. The rest of you are welcome to ride along with us. See if you can
> count the number of LLBs and other chuckleheads we pass as we drive.

Thanks for the ride. Two questions: 1) What highways were you on when
you took this footage? and 2) What is the artist/title of the first song
in the film (the one that went "Its my turn to drive...")?

Old December 5th 04, 08:33 PM
Paul

Old December 5th 04, 09:44 PM
fear

the song is called "driven" by the band "Rush"

.. .