Where's the horn ??

Old July 7th 05, 02:38 AM
94JeepMan

Default Where's the horn ??

UK Cherokee 94 4.0L, RHD

Where's the horn ??

Mine sound intermittent when pressed, sticky?? needing WD40 ??

Ta

(PS, Yes, I know the button's in the middle of the steering wheel !!)
Old July 7th 05, 08:23 PM
Jeff Strickland

The horn is in the front.

valid...

Old July 7th 05, 09:02 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

† Horn - The two horn units are locate behind the
front bumper, one on each side just outboard of the
radiator closure panel.
† Horn Relay - The horn relay is located in the
Junction Block (JB) on the right inner cowl side
panel in the passenger compartment of the vehicle.
† Horn Switch - The horn switch is located in
the center of the steering wheel, behind the driver
airbag trim cover.
Hard wired circuitry connects the horn system
components to each other through the electrical system
of the vehicle. These hard wired circuits are
integral to several wire harnesses, which are routed
throughout the vehicle and retained by many different
methods. These circuits may be connected to each
other, to the vehicle electrical system and to the horn
system components through the use of a combination
of soldered splices, splice block connectors and many
different types of wire harness terminal connectors
and insulators. Refer to the appropriate wiring information.
The wiring information includes wiring diagrams,
proper wire and connector repair procedures,
further details on wire harness routing and reten-
HORN 8H - 1
page
8H - 2 HORN
HORN SYSTEM (Continued)
ignition switch position. See the owner’s manual in
the vehicle glove box for more information on the features,
use and operation of the horn system.
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - HORN SYSTEM
In most cases, any problem involving continually
sounding horns can be quickly alleviated by removing
the horn relay from the Junction Block (JB). Refer to
horn relay for the removal procedure. Refer to the
appropriate wiring information. The wiring information
includes wiring diagrams, proper wire and connector
repair procedures, further details on wire
harness routing and retention, as well as pin-out and
location views for the various wire harness connectors,
splices and grounds.
CONDITION
1. Faulty fuse. BOTH HORNS
INOPERATIVE
2. Faulty horn relay.
3. Faulty horn switch.
4. Faulty horns.
1. Faulty horn. ONE HORN INOPERATIVE
1. Faulty horn relay. HORN SOUNDS
CONTINUOUSLY
2. Faulty horn switch.
HORN SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS
POSSIBLE CAUSES CORRECTION
XJ

God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 13th 05, 04:14 AM
Bob Squared

http://www.shoplocal.com/shoplocal/d...id=-2096769663

Check the leads in the wheel well to the horns or buy the above.

Horn Replacement Tom T Jeep 0 February 27th 05 02:13 AM
security system does not chirp after horn replacement ymg200 Saturn 4 February 20th 05 12:37 AM
Horn malfunction private Saturn 7 February 16th 05 04:12 PM
Horn Wiring Hell - Escaped Spike VW air cooled 0 November 14th 04 05:37 PM
horn cable connections. spare brown wire!?? Spike VW air cooled 1 October 16th 04 02:51 PM