a scratch in someone's back bumper. no dent.

Old May 5th 05, 03:19 AM
Dee

<< So this innocent women gets hit by someone elses careless actions and now
she has to run around to 3 different shops to get her car fixed? That
hardly
makes sense to me. >>

I agree with your sentiment, but if the person responsible has a problem
with the estimate and it has to go to court, most judges will ask for more
than one estimate. No doubt the driver should take responsibility for his
error in judgment, but I don't see how not wanting to fork over the first
amount presented to him is shirking that responsibility.

Old May 5th 05, 08:32 PM

> Try that line of reasoning in a New York City parking lot.........

Sorry, NYC is more like a third-world country. Trash cars, and it cost
twice as much for monthly parking than payments on a new car. I know
all about it.

It's a bleak picture, and shows what happens when theft and negligence
get completely out of hand. Exactly what I'm complaining about.

I've been all over the U.S., and there's nothing else like it I've seen.

Old May 5th 05, 10:44 PM
stevie

polis,
i can't offer any more than what's been said, except body shops are
expensive these days.

many dealer subcontract body work and receive a cut of the price.

i like the 3 estimates advice.
"polis" > wrote in message
oups.com...
I would appreciate your comments on this. I never had this problem
before. While parking I hit someone's back bumper. no dent, just a
scratch. I gave her my info & she called today. It happenned a couple
of weekes ago. She said she had an estimate of $500. She went to Honda.
How much can it really cost to repair this? She wants $500. Is it too
much? . Should I tell her she can take me to small claims court?.I have
full coverage but i think the disclaimer (if this is the correct term)
is more than $500. Your comments and thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you,
Polis