95 neon sport coupe problem

Old June 4th 05, 11:36 PM
midnighttorch1

Default 95 neon sport coupe problem

ok ive had my neon for 2 years and i love it its the 2.ol sohc with some
minor mods includeing apc exauhst and apc intake. its been a great car but
since november its been a pain in the arse...
january i got a crack in the radator, replaced that then a week later my
water pumnp went out then the thrmostat was not working so i fixed all
that, but a week later i blew a head gasket!!
well ive been useigna haynes repair manual to do all the fixing and i
replaced everything by the book, torqued everything to spec and put it all
back together. but now i got a bigger problem it dosent want to start.. i
have checked everything done all the troble shooting steps andand reset the
timeing 4 time to make sure that that wasnt my problem. i have plenty of
spark, new plugs wires and coil. it seems that im geting fuel all the way
to the fuil rail but its just not gettign into the injectors. Ive checked
volages, restances, ohms all the fuses and realays and im dumbfounded. if
any bodys ever heard about this give me a shout cus this is my only way of
transpotation and i can go get a new car. thanks

Old June 4th 05, 11:45 PM
maxpower

"midnighttorch1" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> ok ive had my neon for 2 years and i love it its the 2.ol sohc with some
> minor mods includeing apc exauhst and apc intake. its been a great car but
> since november its been a pain in the arse...
> january i got a crack in the radator, replaced that then a week later my
> water pumnp went out then the thrmostat was not working so i fixed all
> that, but a week later i blew a head gasket!!
> well ive been useigna haynes repair manual to do all the fixing and i
> replaced everything by the book, torqued everything to spec and put it all
> back together. but now i got a bigger problem it dosent want to start..

> have checked everything done all the troble shooting steps andand reset

the
> timeing 4 time to make sure that that wasnt my problem. i have plenty of
> spark, new plugs wires and coil. it seems that im geting fuel all the way
> to the fuil rail but its just not gettign into the injectors. Ive checked
> volages, restances, ohms all the fuses and realays and im dumbfounded. if
> any bodys ever heard about this give me a shout cus this is my only way of
> transpotation and i can go get a new car. thanks

Well first of all I would be willing to bet that the compression from the
blown head gasket getting into the cooling system caused your radiator and
water pump to leak. That may have been the indication that you had a head
gasket problem and driving it caused other damage ( my opinion).
If you Replaced the head gasket and everything is set to specs and
everything is hooked up properly, I would be willing to bet that you left
the camshaft sprocket 18mm bolt loose and when you cranked it......it
sheared the dowel pin on the camshaft. And when you go back to check the
timing it all lines up except the cam is not properly set with the sprocket
and you wont be able to see this unless you remove the sprocket. (once
again......my opinion)

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech. . P.S. Loose the Haynes manual, Dig a big hole in the back
yard and bury it..quick

Old June 5th 05, 12:04 AM
ArchTaib

i think the same.. sounds like, if everything is put back together right
enough and it won't start, something isn't back together right enough.

engines are 'one of those things'.. if you put it back together exactly the
same way it came apart, it will work. like lego. kinda. right?

=)

so yeah; check the cam.

Old June 7th 05, 08:28 PM
midnighttorch1

i dont beleave its the cam shaft sprocket because i took the valve cover
off and cranked it clockwise with a rachet and the valves move in fireing
order.

Old June 7th 05, 09:21 PM
maxpower

"midnighttorch1" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> i dont beleave its the cam shaft sprocket because i took the valve cover
> off and cranked it clockwise with a rachet and the valves move in fireing
> order.

Ok one more time, if the key shears off, it will throw the timing out and
yes the camshaft will still turn. BUT!!! the camshaft is not timed to the
camshaft gear therefore it wont start.... and when you set the belt up all
timing settings will look good... BUT you cant see the key sheared. and if
you just take off the 18mm bolt and peak in, you will see the pin but not
know if it has been sheared off the cam untill you pull off the gear.
Im just letting you know how many times I see this from the do it yourself
mechanics out there.
Im not saying this is what is wrong with you vehicle but if it ran before
the timing belt and you say all is correct !!! the only thing you cant see
is that pin.
Anyway good luck
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech