OT Where do I buy one of these?

Old July 2nd 05, 12:34 AM
johnboy

"johnboy" > wrote in message
> (will post name if requested)

His name is Simon Ledger, and he's an English Gadfly, a pervert, a desperado
of the British society and otta be keelhauled through a cesspool.

Old July 2nd 05, 02:20 AM
Kevin Holzer

Wes Pearson wrote:
> If the house in question is in the City of Torrance why is the sheriff
> getting involved? Torrance has it's own PD to handle code enforcement.

Whoops. I meant to say it was a police officer. I live in an
unicorporated area of san diego county (fallbrook) and we have sheriffs
out here, so I'm used to saying that (or 5-0). I'm a little slow.
-Kevin
Old July 2nd 05, 02:54 AM
73_Ghia

> If you don't like it, you don't have to read a single one of my posts.

Not read them? Are you nuts? this is better than reality TV! You're totally
f*cking Hilarous!

Old July 2nd 05, 03:08 AM
73_Ghia

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:30:12 -0500, "Lorem Ipsum" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Neil" > wrote in message
>>news:1120076837.7b018c34baca1dfb02000fcea5148c8b @teranews...
>>
>>> All perfectly reasonable excuses to not follow city ordinances. If it's
>>> law and he broke it, then he get cited. Easy as pie.

>>So Neil, you don't mind if someone introduces a city ordinance against old
>>Bugs being parked on the street?
>>

> I wish someone would introduce a law that makes people park their damn
> vehicles in their driveways if they have one.

I don't mind people parking on the street as long as they don't impede
traffic or park at the curb in front of my house...

Old July 2nd 05, 11:44 AM
Shag

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 02:08:43 GMT, "73_Ghia" >
wrote:

>"Shag" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:30:12 -0500, "Lorem Ipsum" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"Neil" > wrote in message
>>>news:1120076837.7b018c34baca1dfb02000fcea5148c8 b@teranews...

>>>So Neil, you don't mind if someone introduces a city ordinance against old
>>>Bugs being parked on the street?
>>>

>> I wish someone would introduce a law that makes people park their damn
>> vehicles in their driveways if they have one.
>>

>I don't mind people parking on the street as long as they don't impede
>traffic or park at the curb in front of my house...

I guess that's what I was getting at. Most of the houses in my
neighborhood have good-sized driveways and even garages and people
*still* park out on the street so much that it's common for houses
across the street from each other to both have cars parked in front,
causing people driving on the street to have to come to a complete
stop to wait for oncoming traffic to pass first. I don't get it. I'm
thinking of installing some sort of modified "curb feeler" on my car
that sticks out at about "door-handle-level" on the passenger side.
You know, just to be safe so that I'll know I'm getting too close to a
car parked on the side of the road if I hear a loud harsh sqealing
noise as the "curb feeler" scrapes down the length of the parked car.
Strictly as a safety feature, of course.

Old July 2nd 05, 06:25 PM
73_Ghia

"Shag" wrote:
> I guess that's what I was getting at. Most of the houses in my
> neighborhood have good-sized driveways and even garages and people
> *still* park out on the street so much that it's common for houses
> across the street from each other to both have cars parked in front,
> causing people driving on the street to have to come to a complete
> stop to wait for oncoming traffic to pass first.

I'm lucky enough to live on a really wide street but I definately feel your
pain, there are times when you feel like a slalom racer...

I don't get it. I'm
> thinking of installing some sort of modified "curb feeler" on my car
> that sticks out at about "door-handle-level" on the passenger side.
> You know, just to be safe so that I'll know I'm getting too close to a
> car parked on the side of the road if I hear a loud harsh sqealing
> noise as the "curb feeler" scrapes down the length of the parked car.
> Strictly as a safety feature, of course.

<cracking up> How about some hubcaps like Masallah had on his chariot during
the race in the movie Ben Hur?

Old July 6th 05, 04:16 PM
Juper Wort

> I guess that's what I was getting at. Most of the houses in my
> neighborhood have good-sized driveways and even garages and people
> *still* park out on the street so much that it's common for houses
> across the street from each other to both have cars parked in front,
> causing people driving on the street to have to come to a complete
> stop to wait for oncoming traffic to pass first. I don't get it. I'm
> thinking of installing some sort of modified "curb feeler" on my car
> that sticks out at about "door-handle-level" on the passenger side.
> You know, just to be safe so that I'll know I'm getting too close to a
> car parked on the side of the road if I hear a loud harsh sqealing
> noise as the "curb feeler" scrapes down the length of the parked car.
> Strictly as a safety feature, of course.

Our entire street is like that, in fact most are round our way. It can take
ages to get from one end to the other, having to duck in at occasional
spaces to let other people past, but there again, Victorians didn't have
cars, so why have driveways BG.

james