Wheel conversion

Old October 25th 04, 12:58 PM
Brian Turner

Default Wheel conversion

Does anyone know if the 16 x 6.5" alloy wheels from a 2003 Miata will
fit on a 1999 originally fitted with 15 x 6"? I don't see why not as
I don't think there are that many differences in the two cars where
the wheels would be concerned. Does anyone know how I can find out
for sure?
Old October 26th 04, 01:23 PM
Gary Hirsch

I have a 2003 base model. I ordered steel wheels and snow tires from Tire
Rack and they said that the 14" would fit. I tested one when they arrived
and it did NOT fit. They took them back and sent me the 15" package.

The Mazda brochure says that all 2003 models have the bigger brakes and I
agree from personal experience.

Gary

.. .

Old October 26th 04, 03:27 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2004-10-26, Gary Hirsch > wrote:

>> I swear I read somewhere that 14" wheels won't fit on a 2003
>> Shinsen (which came with 16" wheels), but I thought only the
>> SE came with the larger brakes. Other than trying a set of
>> 14" wheels, how can I tell?

> I have a 2003 base model. I ordered steel wheels and snow
> tires from Tire Rack and they said that the 14" would fit. I
> tested one when they arrived and it did NOT fit. They took
> them back and sent me the 15" package.

Thanks. That confirms my suspicions. I'll definitely go with
15" wheels.

> The Mazda brochure says that all 2003 models have the bigger
> brakes and I agree from personal experience.

I noticed it said the base model had 10.something inch rotors,
but I didn't know if the sport-suspension had even bigger ones.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Should I do my BOBBIE
at VINTON medley?