need advice on service for accord lx 2001

Old November 23rd 04, 08:31 PM
curious

Default need advice on service for accord lx 2001

Hello,
My accord just hit 3 years and has 30K miles on it.

I've had the oil changes done every 3 mos and
recently had front brake pads replaced as well
as air filter.

What would you say are the most important 30K tasks
to get done?

I haven't done a coolant flush & refill done.
Is this as important at this point?

What about tranny oil and brake fluids?

Please advice on the most important tasks for this car
at this mileage.

Thanks
Old November 23rd 04, 09:23 PM
Caroline

Do you have the Accord's owner's manual? It should have come with this car if
you bought it new.

There's a spreadsheet in these that shows the time and miles at which certain
items should be done.

"curious" > wrote

Old November 23rd 04, 09:23 PM
Caroline

Old November 24th 04, 02:18 AM
SoCalMike

curious wrote:

> Hello,
> My accord just hit 3 years and has 30K miles on it.
>
> I've had the oil changes done every 3 mos and
> recently had front brake pads replaced as well
> as air filter.
>
> What would you say are the most important 30K tasks
> to get done?
>
> I haven't done a coolant flush & refill done.
> Is this as important at this point?
>
> What about tranny oil and brake fluids?
>
> Please advice on the most important tasks for this car
> at this mileage.
>
> Thanks

plugs, if they arent platinum.
air filter
oil/filter
coolant drain and change
brake fluid change
clutch fluid change

thats what i do every 3yrs on my 98 civic.
Old November 24th 04, 02:18 AM
SoCalMike

Old November 26th 04, 03:06 PM
TWW

"curious" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> My accord just hit 3 years and has 30K miles on it.
>
> I've had the oil changes done every 3 mos and
> recently had front brake pads replaced as well
> as air filter.
>
> What would you say are the most important 30K tasks
> to get done?
>
> I haven't done a coolant flush & refill done.
> Is this as important at this point?
>
> What about tranny oil and brake fluids?
>
> Please advice on the most important tasks for this car
> at this mileage.
>
> Thanks

The dealer has a standard 30k package which should also include a valve lash
adjustment, oil/filter change, air filter, cabin filter and so forth. You
should not need plugs as they are platinum. Surprised you have had to
change brake pads -- my 01 Prelude is still on the originals at 51k miles
and good for while longer.

Old November 26th 04, 03:06 PM
TWW

om...