So It Isn't A Miata But It Is Interesting

Old January 16th 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default So It Isn't A Miata But It Is Interesting

Grant Edwards wrote:

> 14F? _That's_ a heatwave. This morning it was -23F in
> Minneapolis and it hasn't been above zero for several days. I
> think the high yesterday or the day before was -8F. But,
> people in from the northern part of the state really have
> something to complain about with temperatures as low as -40F
> during the past couple days.
>
> So far the Miata has started right up every time...

I know a guy who lives in the upper part of Minnesota and drives a
motorcycle as his only transportation.

He comes down to Austin and rents a room from a friend every winter,
then heads back home when it warms up a bit.

His work allows him to travel. He says that he would never deal with our
summer heat wave, but that going south from Minnesota during the worst
part of the winter is very nice.

I have never experienced zero degrees Fahrenheit. Today is a cold one,
though, we are supposed to hit a high of 48.

By Monday we should be back up to the mid-sixties and sunny.
Almost perfect top-down weather. This is actually one of the better
times to sell a Miata in Texas.

Pat

Old January 16th 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2009-01-16, XS11E > wrote:
> Grant Edwards > wrote:
>
>> 14F? _That's_ a heatwave. This morning it was -23F in
>> Minneapolis and it hasn't been above zero for several days.

> I can sympathize. I've been in Rochester, Minnesota at similar
> temperatures in winter and at 101F in summer.

We get a couple weeks of nice weather in the spring, and then
again in fall. One friend of mine claims that on average there
are 10 nice days per year in Minnesota.

> That seems to me to be an extreme range!

Yup. And when it gets above 90F, the top usually goes back up...

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! It's OKAY -- I'm an
at INTELLECTUAL, too.
Old January 18th 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:11:13 -0700, XS11E wrote:

> EAT YOUR HEART OUT, MIKER! (you get to laugh when it's 115F here and I
> have the top up and the AC running!)

That's how I drive here in FL in the summer, at least during the day.
You get broiled alive otherwise.
Old January 18th 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2009-01-13, XS11E > wrote:
> "miker" > wrote:
>
>> My world is 48 hour chunks of below zero seperated by small
>> blizzards.

> I'm gonna make a guess you don't live in Phoenix, Arizona? <GD&R>
>
> Today it's going to get up to 73F but that's still way too cold for
> me.... I will have the top down, though.
>
> EAT YOUR HEART OUT, MIKER! (you get to laugh when it's 115F here and I
> have the top up and the AC running!)

We would, but it'll probably be a humid 90F-100F here, so my top
will be up with the AC running.

--
Grant

Old January 18th 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
johnny p.

Carbon wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:11:13 -0700, XS11E wrote:
>
> > EAT YOUR HEART OUT, MIKER! (you get to laugh when it's 115F here and I
> > have the top up and the AC running!)

> That's how I drive here in FL in the summer, at least during the day.
> You get broiled alive otherwise.

That's why I prefer the old-style tops with the zippable plastic
window. When the sun is too hot, you can have the top up as a
sun-shield, and all the windows, side and back, open to get the breeze.

yrs jp
Old January 18th 09, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

johnny p. wrote:

> That's why I prefer the old-style tops with the zippable plastic
> window. When the sun is too hot, you can have the top up as a
> sun-shield, and all the windows, side and back, open to get the breeze.
>
> yrs jp

As much as I like glass for better visibility and durability, I have to
agree.
When I replaced the top on my former '96M with a glass window version,
it did not take long to miss that feature, and this was on a car with an
excellent A/C.

On a Miata with no A/C, I consider the option of opening 3 windows to be
almost essential during the summer.

Pat

FA: Flying Miata STB + Hood Prop for 1990 - 1997 Miata pws[_1_] Mazda 0 March 30th 07 02:00 PM
interesting Anonymous Corvette 1 January 16th 06 05:32 PM
2000SE miata top FS on miata.net classifieds pws Mazda 1 December 20th 05 08:29 AM
Would this be interesting? Bart Bervoets VW air cooled 4 April 28th 05 01:15 PM
What a Miata wants to be when it gows up - Mazda Miata mini monster truck.jpg (0/1) schism Mazda 13 November 27th 04 03:18 PM