What would you pay?

Old February 12th 05, 02:38 AM
NoteHead

Default What would you pay?

I recently came across a 1993 mariner blue 5 speed Miata for sale. It
has a hard top that is in decent condition, but has a few problems:

1. It has been in a minor accident (a sideswipe that has left a medium
size dent on the driver door)

2. It needs a paint job (it has plently of scratches)

3. The center console and glove box are broken

4. There is a small dent on the hood near the headlights

5. There is alot of wear on the interior.

The car has 158,971 miles on it and it drives/runs halfway decent. The
clutch and suspension need some work, but thats about it. With this
description, how much would you pay for it? I've already checked at
Edmunds and KBB, but I would like to know what you guys would
personally pay for it. Call me crazy, but I would take pride in fixing
it up. The mileage makes me smile too...

Old February 12th 05, 04:44 AM
Mike

$1000.

ups.com...

Old February 12th 05, 01:34 PM
Lisa

no more than $1000.

ups.com...

Old February 13th 05, 05:16 AM
NoteHead

I wish I could get away with paying a grand for it, but I have a
feeling she wont go for that. I'd be surprised if she accepted 1500. I
guess only time will tell.

Old February 13th 05, 05:30 PM
Generic

"NoteHead" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I wish I could get away with paying a grand for it, but I have a
> feeling she wont go for that. I'd be surprised if she accepted 1500. I
> guess only time will tell.

Print out all the bluebook reports (nada.com, edmunds.com and kbb.com) then
deduct from that for each necessary repair. There are so many on the market
that you shouldn't get your heart set on anything.

-John

Old February 13th 05, 11:10 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"Generic" > wrote:

>"NoteHead" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> I wish I could get away with paying a grand for it, but I have a
>> feeling she wont go for that. I'd be surprised if she accepted 1500. I
>> guess only time will tell.

>Print out all the bluebook reports (nada.com, edmunds.com and kbb.com) then
>deduct from that for each necessary repair. There are so many on the market
>that you shouldn't get your heart set on anything.

However, if the hard top is in good condition, you should be able
to get in the general order of $800 for it, offsetting some of
the cost. Check the listings on miata.net for current asking
prices.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)