Balance markings on tires and wheels

Old February 19th 05, 02:02 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"bgt" > wrote:

>you can't calculate pi "all the way out" there is no end. You just add a few
>(hundred, thousand...) digits to prove how good your new supercomputer is.

I seem to recall that they did a billion or so already, so adding a few
thousand does not seem like a good way to promote your new supercomputer.
And that was quite some time ago, Lord knows how many digits they do
nowadays.

However, even a Corvette owner should be fairly assessed. While I do
not have the complete history ready, we have been *talking* about
computing pi all the way out for a very long time. It goes back
thousands of years. Now we know it cannot be done, but that does
not mean we stop talking about it.

Leon

>"Tom Howlin" > wrote in message
>> Leon,
>>
>> You must be a riot in the classroom - LOL. This is why I teach business
>> and not English - in business we're happy with 90% solutions in a short
>> period of time, engineering and mathematics obviously work on problems for
>> years (how long have we been talking about calculating Pi all the way
>> out?).
>>
>> Tom
>> 92 Red
>> 05 Corvette, Magnetic Red as of 02/18/05

>>> Actually, I believe 1/10 of oz is quite heavy. I don't think we should
>>> underestimate them.
>>>
>>> Unless you mean 1/10 of an oz, maybe?
>>>
>>> Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

FS: Saturn Winter Tires and Wheels (Toronto) Kelly Saturn 0 December 7th 04 12:58 AM
NEED wheels and tires jamesno BMW 2 October 28th 04 01:40 AM
LOW TIRES PRICES AT CHROMEHOUSE WHEELS Fred W. Ford Explorer 0 October 25th 04 10:07 PM
Tires and Wheels for sale - Pflugerville, Texas jrhslick BMW 0 October 22nd 04 12:05 AM
FS (private) Saturn Winter Tires and Wheels (Toronto) Skid Saturn 1 October 11th 04 03:30 PM