Got one!

Old February 6th 05, 02:13 AM
Anthony

Default Got one!

Hey everyone. I just got a '91, white, 75k miles, 5spd, pwr steering,
windows. First time driving one when I took it for a spin....what a
blast! Such a fun little car. I'm the third owner. The last guy had
it for 3 years and his wife only drove it putting about 6000 miles on
it in three years. The first owner was some old lady who BABIED the
thing, religious oil changes, maintenace, everything. This car is in
great shape for its age. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know my
long search has ended! Unfortunately, I won't be able to drive the car
for some time right now because checks have to clear and I have to work
things out with insurance. So I probably won't be driving the car for
about a month...

Now to sell my current car....anyone interested in a '73 std. Beetle?
Heh.

~Anthony

Old February 6th 05, 02:06 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"Anthony" > wrote:

>Hey everyone. I just got a '91,

Congratulations!!

> white,

The fastest color too! )

Leon

> 75k miles, 5spd, pwr steering,
>windows. First time driving one when I took it for a spin....what a
>blast! Such a fun little car. I'm the third owner. The last guy had
>it for 3 years and his wife only drove it putting about 6000 miles on
>it in three years. The first owner was some old lady who BABIED the
>thing, religious oil changes, maintenace, everything. This car is in
>great shape for its age. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know my
>long search has ended! Unfortunately, I won't be able to drive the car
>for some time right now because checks have to clear and I have to work
>things out with insurance. So I probably won't be driving the car for
>about a month...
>
>Now to sell my current car....anyone interested in a '73 std. Beetle?
>Heh.
>
>~Anthony

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old February 6th 05, 02:38 PM
Anthony

Leon van Dommelen wrote:
> "Anthony" > wrote:
>
> >Hey everyone. I just got a '91,

> Congratulations!!
>
> > white,

> The fastest color too! )
>
> Leon
>

> --
> Leon van Dommelen Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata .)
> http://www.dommelen.net/miata
> EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

I've heard much about the early white paint having problems. This car
was well taken care of, and it only has a small scratch on the side of
the rear bumper. Any tips on taking care of the paint?

~Anthony

Old February 6th 05, 08:57 PM
Gus

"Anthony" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I've heard much about the early white paint having problems. This car
> was well taken care of, and it only has a small scratch on the side of
> the rear bumper. Any tips on taking care of the paint?
>
> ~Anthony

Just like any car, the best thing you can do is to wash it every couple of
weeks (sooner if there are bird droppings etc.) and give it a good wax every
3 to 6 months. Like many new cars, the paint on Miatas is not very thick,
so go gentle on the heavy buffing etc. A heavy hand will take you right
through the paint to the primer.

Gus (91 BRG)

P.S. Mine just turned 175,000 on the clock and still runs strong and looks
great.

Old February 10th 05, 01:37 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

Anthony, Congrats! I love the white ones, they really look sharp. I think
Leon even put the super light BBS wheels (from the 92, 93 and ?) on his
white Miata and it looks awesome (consideration for down the road)

In the mean time have fun, be carefull. Learn the handling limits a little
at a time, they are relitively high and if you break the rear loose and
panic by lifting throttle, you're chances of swapping ends is pretty good.
Stay in the throttle (or SLIGHTLY back off) and counter-steer, just keep the
front end pointed in the right direction.

I'm going to post a white paint question, you might watch for the "thread"

Chris
92BB&T

Old February 10th 05, 04:56 AM
Anthony

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Anthony, Congrats! I love the white ones, they really look sharp. I

think
> Leon even put the super light BBS wheels (from the 92, 93 and ?) on

his
> white Miata and it looks awesome (consideration for down the road)
>
> In the mean time have fun, be carefull. Learn the handling limits a

little
> at a time, they are relitively high and if you break the rear loose

and
> panic by lifting throttle, you're chances of swapping ends is pretty

good.
> Stay in the throttle (or SLIGHTLY back off) and counter-steer, just

keep the
> front end pointed in the right direction.
>
> I'm going to post a white paint question, you might watch for the

"thread"

> Chris
> 92BB&T

Yeah, well I don't plan on learning the car's limits on public roads
where swapping ends could result in death of myself or others :P

There are plenty of university parking lots around here that empty out
on weekends....I could head in there for a couple minutes and screw
around before some bozo called the cops on me (funny thing is, is that
the person who would call me in is probably driving like that on the
STREET regularly...) There is also a local autocross club I may look
into, but I'm not a particularly competitive person. I already have a
lot of knowledge about driving smoothly and the right lines to take
through corners; but I could only go so far with that in my previous
car. But I would like to learn the car's limits just for safety's
sake. Well, I'll have to wait and see about the white paint. I have
noticed white paint that's problematic on a lot of Japenese cars from
the early 90s...most notably the Mazda MPV vans. I've seen plenty of
Hondas in white with problems from that time as well.

~Anthony

Old February 10th 05, 12:47 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"Anthony" > wrote:

>Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>> Anthony, Congrats! I love the white ones, they really look sharp. I

>think
>> Leon even put the super light BBS wheels (from the 92, 93 and ?) on

>his

Actually, they are the 95 ones, which are heavier.

>> white Miata and it looks awesome (consideration for down the road)
>>
>> In the mean time have fun, be carefull. Learn the handling limits a

>little
>> at a time, they are relitively high and if you break the rear loose

>and
>> panic by lifting throttle, you're chances of swapping ends is pretty

>good.
>> Stay in the throttle (or SLIGHTLY back off) and counter-steer, just

>keep the
>> front end pointed in the right direction.
>>
>> I'm going to post a white paint question, you might watch for the

>"thread"
>>
>> Chris
>> 92BB&T
>>

>Yeah, well I don't plan on learning the car's limits on public roads
>where swapping ends could result in death of myself or others :P
>
>There are plenty of university parking lots around here that empty out
>on weekends....I could head in there for a couple minutes and screw
>around before some bozo called the cops on me (funny thing is, is that
>the person who would call me in is probably driving like that on the
>STREET regularly...) There is also a local autocross club I may look
>into, but I'm not a particularly competitive person.

Neither am I, but it is really fun.

Leon