GTA front bumper for regular 147

Old August 16th 06, 12:45 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ivan[_5_]

Default GTA front bumper for regular 147

I saw it exists but local dealer says it doesn't. Any suggestions?

Old August 16th 06, 07:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ross

"Ivan" > wrote in message
>I saw it exists but local dealer says it doesn't. Any suggestions?

I don't think a GTA bumper will fit because the GTA is wider at the front. I
had one of these fitted to my 147...

http://www.zender-tuning.com/alfarom...worldwide.html

It was sold through Alfa dealers in the UK as part of the official body
styling kit for the mk1 147...I'm not sure if it's still available from
dealers though. If you're interested I might still have the part numbers
around somewhere.

Regards
Ross

Old August 16th 06, 10:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Tom[_1_]

"Ross" > wrote in message

> "Ivan" > wrote in message
>>I saw it exists but local dealer says it doesn't. Any suggestions?

> I don't think a GTA bumper will fit because the GTA is wider at the front.
> had one of these fitted to my 147...
>
> http://www.zender-tuning.com/alfarom...worldwide.html
>
> It was sold through Alfa dealers in the UK as part of the official body
> styling kit for the mk1 147...I'm not sure if it's still available from
> dealers though. If you're interested I might still have the part numbers
> around somewhere.
>
> Regards
> Ross

You could try autodelta or poweralfa too. They do bodyparts (if you know
what I mean).
Tom

Old August 17th 06, 09:10 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
[email protected]

> I don't think a GTA bumper will fit because the GTA is wider at the front. I
> had one of these fitted to my 147...
>
> http://www.zender-tuning.com/alfarom...worldwide.html

As a previous owner of various Alfas (straight 4 and boxer) I really
have to ask, is that bumper really an improvement? It is so close to
standard!

It would have cost more than a few quid to buy, fit and spray, was it
really worth the cash to have one without the vents?

Artie

Old August 17th 06, 10:30 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ross

> wrote in message
ps.com...

>> I had one of these fitted to my 147...
>>
>> http://www.zender-tuning.com/alfarom...worldwide.html

> As a previous owner of various Alfas (straight 4 and boxer) I really
> have to ask, is that bumper really an improvement? It is so close to
> standard!
>
> It would have cost more than a few quid to buy, fit and spray, was it
> really worth the cash to have one without the vents?

Hi Artie

When I bought the car the body kit(front & rear bumpers, side skirts, hatch
spoiler) had already been fitted by the dealer...I thought the kit made an
already great looking car look even better, and as the car had been
pre-registered there was a deal to be done.

Obviously styling is down to personnel taste, but to me the worst styling
point on the standard car is the black rubber strips in the bumpers, and the
kit does away with them. The mk 2 147 is close to the style of the body kit
too.

Don't know what you mean about not having any vents, though?

Regards
Ross

Old August 17th 06, 11:49 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Arturo Ui

> >> I had one of these fitted to my 147...
> >> http://www.zender-tuning.com/alfarom...worldwide.html

> > As a previous owner of various Alfas (straight 4 and boxer) I really
> > have to ask, is that bumper really an improvement? It is so close to
> > standard!
> > It would have cost more than a few quid to buy, fit and spray, was it
> > really worth the cash to have one without the vents?

> When I bought the car the body kit(front & rear bumpers, side skirts, hatch
> spoiler) had already been fitted by the dealer...I thought the kit made an
> already great looking car look even better, and as the car had been
> pre-registered there was a deal to be done.
> Obviously styling is down to personnel taste, but to me the worst styling
> point on the standard car is the black rubber strips in the bumpers, and the
> kit does away with them. The mk 2 147 is close to the style of the body kit
> too.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/alfa_147.asp

Duh, I guess I should have checked the STANDARD front bumper before
commenting, rather than just looking at the pic in the above link....
sorry!

I was looking at the vents between the lights and the grille.

Life was so much easier when I had my last couple of 33s, even though
they had P4 alloys, I still kept the rest standard! (Externally)

Artie

Old August 17th 06, 07:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Ross

"Arturo Ui" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/alfa_147.asp
>
> Duh, I guess I should have checked the STANDARD front bumper before
> commenting, rather than just looking at the pic in the above link....
> sorry!

If I had one that looked like that to start with I wouldn't have wanted to
mess with it! :-)

Regards
Ross