94 SL2 Overheating

Old September 24th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

Default 94 SL2 Overheating

In article >, "Andrew E." > wrote:
>Ok, so that said, why would have the car never gone to that?

It DID -- but the gauge didn't show it.

> The sensor
>that was cracked was the PCM sensor, not the guage... and the guage
>never showed the car overheating before...

That's because up until you replaced the faulty sensor, the gauge was never
showing the correct temperature. Now it is.

--
Regards,

Old September 24th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Andrew E.

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all that responded and helped me figure out the overheating
problems. The car is now happy.

Thanks again,
Andrew

Andrew E. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 94 saturn SL2 that's overheating. So far I've done the following:
>
> 1. The coolant doesn't leak
> 2. The radiator is new
> 3. Connected the radiator fan to the battery and the fan spins
> 4. Had a mechanic look at all the fuses and relays, all are fine.
> 5. Had three mechanics told me that it's the temperature sensor (one of
> them)
>
> So my question is as follows:
>
> My Hanes manual says that I should replace the thermostat. Is the
> thermostat the same as the temperature sensor? If not are there
> instructions on replacing it?
>
> Where would I get the part numbers for what I need?
>

> Thanks,
> Andrew

98 Caravan Overheating, Whining, and more [email protected] Chrysler 5 July 7th 06 05:00 AM
Accord/Civic (probably others) overheating problems rshpeley Honda 2 May 26th 06 03:06 AM
sudden engine overheating [email protected] Saturn 15 March 31st 06 09:42 PM
1984 BMW 318i Overheating MattyG BMW 4 March 24th 06 12:57 PM
overheating sjayk58 Technology 4 December 22nd 05 02:01 AM