Muffler Question

Old February 10th 05, 09:29 PM

Default Muffler Question

Muffler question.

My girlfriend has an '04 Mustang GT and she has stated that she would
like her GT's exhaust to sound a bit louder and more agressive. Gotta
love a woman enjoys the rumble of a V-8. Anyway, any suggestions? Back
to lurking.

Michael

Old February 10th 05, 10:21 PM

If she doesn't mind (or even likes) droning.... Flowmaster 40 series all the
way. I have them on my car & *damn* I am still addicted to them. I
constantly get compliments on the way the car sounds. Hi-flow cats are next
.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

oups.com...

Old February 11th 05, 03:48 AM

Oh it's not THAT bad.... you can still hear your tunes perfectly ok. And
with top down (or windows down for me). Sounds great, IMO.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

nk.net...

Old February 11th 05, 12:37 PM
MadDAWG

> wrote in message
. com...
> If she doesn't mind (or even likes) droning.... Flowmaster 40 series all

the
> way. I have them on my car & *damn* I am still addicted to them. I
> constantly get compliments on the way the car sounds. Hi-flow cats are

next
> .
>
> -Mike

Some guys are putting a 3 chambered Flow on one side and a 2 chamber on the
otherside to kill the drone. They claim it works pretty well. If you look at
the factory mufflers they are different lengths so there might be something
to it.

MadDAWG

Old February 11th 05, 12:37 PM

I love the drone!! hehheheh... nobody has whined about getting a headache
*yet*... but I _could_ very easily see people whining about the drone. It is
pretty noticeable..

Not a bad idea though, MadDAWG.

-Mike

Old February 11th 05, 07:57 PM
MadDAWG

> I love the drone!! hehheheh

Not me. I had to pretty much max out the volume on the radio to hear it
going down the highway.

MadDAWG

Old February 11th 05, 08:07 PM

Damn.... crap stereo? I have 2 40 series mufflers & the drone really isn't
THAT bad.. I'm running dumps too. My stereo isn't even half way up & I can
hear it fine.

-Mike

--

"MadDAWG" > wrote in message

> > I love the drone!! hehheheh

> Not me. I had to pretty much max out the volume on the radio to hear it
> going down the highway.
>
> MadDAWG

Muffler finally installed azazel scratch VW air cooled 2 January 10th 05 01:55 AM
Dansk muffler owners Max Welton VW air cooled 3 January 6th 05 11:00 AM
Where to get Official Speed Limit Info [email protected] Driving 40 January 3rd 05 08:10 AM
Muffler azazel scratch VW air cooled 3 December 29th 04 04:28 PM
Nissan 300ZX Muffler Question Richard Ricciardi General 0 March 31st 04 07:33 PM