Help with Eheim external filter?

Old November 12th 03, 01:15 AM
Les Johnstone

Default Help with Eheim external filter?

Hi All,

I'm just gathering together the components to start my reef tank, and could
do with some advice regarding an Eheim 2026 pro II I bought on Ebay.

I got no instructions with it except for what's on the box. It does seem to
be in good condition.

Three questions, you might be able to help with:

It seems to leak slightly round the main seal, and leak a lot of its tilted.
On previous external filters I have used you can adjust the tightness of the
seal by using different "notches" on the clamps. On the Eheim filter there
are no notches and you can not seem to adjust the tightness (or can you?) he
seal itself looks OK to me, but maybe I need a new one?

Its rated for an 80 gallon tank (which is what I have), but the water flow
seems low to me, filling a 10L bucket and timing it, it would only seem to
cycle my 80G tank once an hour which doesn't seem enough to me (this is with
no filter media in it)

There always seems to be air bubbles in the canister no matter how hard I
try to get then out, when I use the primer it just pushes the air bubble
into the tubes an then they move back into the canister, is there a way of
getting all the air out?

Many thanks for any help, I'm really keen to get this up and running so I
can get started!

Les

Old November 12th 03, 10:20 PM
Fishnut

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:15:17 -0000, "Les Johnstone"
wrote:

[...]

It should have more flow than this. Take it apart to clean it
thoroughly, and ensure that the impeller turns freely, and is not
damaged. If you fill it with media, it will have very little flow.

There always seems to be air bubbles in the canister no matter how hard I
try to get then out, when I use the primer it just pushes the air bubble
into the tubes an then they move back into the canister, is there a way of
getting all the air out?

Les,

Isn't this the incoming air, to replace the water leaking out ?

Regards, Fishnut.

Many thanks for any help, I'm really keen to get this up and running so I
can get started!

Les

Eheim filter for 75 gallon aquarium question Company Tech 0 October 29th 03 03:36 AM
External filter Tony Ramsden Reefs 3 October 23rd 03 09:06 PM
Eheim 2227 Wet Dry Filter Kristian Reefs 2 October 7th 03 04:33 PM
EHEIM - EHFISUBSTRAT replace ??? why ??? Bill Krosney Tech 9 October 3rd 03 05:25 AM
FS: Fluval 204 Canister Filter (in DFW) Sandy Marketplace 0 July 29th 03 02:41 PM