Where the heak is the flasher module on my 2002 TJ?

Old March 16th 05, 01:54 AM
Brett Little

Default Where the heak is the flasher module on my 2002 TJ?

Its not where the Hanes manual says it should be. I have a 2002 TJ-X. It
should be on the right side of the steering column, being held by a bracket
but its not there.

Theres a guide for a 2000 TJ somewhere online and it shows it in the proper
place. Did they move it from 2000 to 2002?

Old March 16th 05, 02:05 AM
Jeff Strickland

It is round, about the same diameter as a quarter, and about as tall as a
stack of 8 or 12 quarters. And, I think it is really on the left side of the
steering column. It is mounted in a fuse block ...

Old March 16th 05, 02:20 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Brett,
It is inside the steering column:
http://www.billhughes.com/TJflasher.pdf
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old March 16th 05, 02:25 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

"Brett Little" > wrote in message
> Its not where the Hanes manual says it should be. I have a 2002 TJ-X. It
> should be on the right side of the steering column, being held by a
> bracket but its not there.
>
> Theres a guide for a 2000 TJ somewhere online and it shows it in the
> proper place. Did they move it from 2000 to 2002?

That's correct for the 2000, they went to a multifunction turn
signal/headlinght/foglight stalk in '01, so it stands to reason the location
for the flasher unit might have changed as well. I don't think it's one of
those standard flasher units you can get at the local parts place, at least
it's not on the 2000.

If it works, just turn it on and listen. If not, good luck :-)

Old March 16th 05, 04:42 AM
mic canic

i believe that is behind the turnsignal switch and you hav to remove the colum
covers to see it
it was 002 or 003 when it was moved to the bac of the switch

2002 Audi S8 - A6 Questions LIW Audi 2 November 14th 04 06:38 PM
2002 Dodge Neon SE Computer Tom Rogers Dodge 2 October 29th 04 09:23 PM