Bad Drivers

Old July 19th 05, 07:16 PM
Mike Smith

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:26:49 -0400, Mike Smith
> > wrote:
>

>>Keep your insults to yourself, asshole.

> Tweeeet! Name calling. I win. Thank you for playing.

I believe you're the one who insulted me first. And if you consider it
a "game", then you're no better than a troll anyway.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 19th 05, 07:18 PM
Mike Smith

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On 13 Jul 2005 05:28:47 -0700, "Dano58" > wrote:
>

>>So Dave, you only had a hint of NJ drivers, assuming you took the NJ
>>Turnpike.... I learned to drive in Massachusetts and lived there for 15
>>years and thought THEY were bad until I moved to NJ.... They are the
>>WORST here, as you have a lot of people that really don't know how to
>>drive but do it fast anyways. And the more clapped-out the car is, the
>>faster they go. Talk about frusternation!

> I didn't take the NJ turnpike. I used I84 and I81 to avoid NY, NJ,
> MD, and DC. You are correct about Mass drivers, but they aren't as
> bad as VA or CT, and we won't even mention NY. d;o)

That's pretty amazing how you drove on I84 and I81, and yet managed to
avoid New York. I've never been able to pull that one off, myself.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 20th 05, 12:43 AM
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:16:04 -0400, Mike Smith
> wrote:

>I believe you're the one who insulted me first. And if you consider it
>a "game", then you're no better than a troll anyway.

My, my. Mike has a temper. That's ok. I was young once myself. I
know how it is.

Be well. (And I mean that.)

Dave d;o)

Old July 20th 05, 04:09 AM
David Timothy Jones

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:55:45 -0700, gcmschemist wrote:

> Dave LaCourse wrote:
>
> [snip sad tale of common occurance]
>

>> Anyway, rant mode off. Flame suit on.
>>

> No flames here, Dave. Go to rec.autos.driving - this is the biggest
> issue for folks over there. LLBs and folks oblivious to their
> surroundings are a blight on our roadways.
>
> Over there, the term used for the Saturn occupant (not to call her a
> driver in any sense) is MFFY - me first, fsck you.
>
> I get it driving here in WA as well - the I-5 corridor is filled with
> folks who cannot grasp the state law saying "keep right except to
> pass." (KRETP). Oh, and those brain-dead "enablers" - the folks that
> will let anyone zoom up and cut into line, or wave at you at an
> intersection where they legally have the right of way, but feel the
> need to show "courtesy."
>
> Yes, r.a.d. is the place where we talk about this...
>
> E.P.

I agree, most of america is infested with poor, rude drivers, lacking
manners and road skills, I too have spent many years in Europe driving and
having to unlearn much of what I have seen in the US. As far east as
Greece and Isreal they drive far better than they do here. I think part of
it is the proliferation of the automatic transmission. ( Standing by for
flaming) many people that should not have drivers licenses drive these
vehicles.
Old July 20th 05, 07:05 AM
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

David Timothy Jones wrote:

>... I think part of
>it is the proliferation of the automatic transmission. ( Standing by for
>flaming) many people that should not have drivers licenses drive these
>vehicles.

There's some truth in that. Moving a car (note: not _driving_ it)
becomes like using a toy. This is slowly coming up here too, but it's
not as bad yet.

Regards

Wolfgang
Old July 20th 05, 07:27 PM
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:09:23 -0400, David Timothy Jones
> wrote:

>I think part of
>it is the proliferation of the automatic transmission. ( Standing by for
>flaming) many people that should not have drivers licenses drive these
>vehicles.

d;o)
I taught both of my daughters (age 43 and 37) how to drive using
"three on the tree" in an old pick-up. The first cars they owned had
5 speeds. One ended up teaching her husband how to drive a stick.

My two oldest grandsons drive Audis - 94 S4, and 2000 A6.

Dave

Old July 20th 05, 10:47 PM
KLS

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:27:06 -0400, Dave LaCourse
> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:09:23 -0400, David Timothy Jones
> wrote:
>
>>I think part of
>>it is the proliferation of the automatic transmission. ( Standing by for
>>flaming) many people that should not have drivers licenses drive these
>>vehicles.

>d;o)
>I taught both of my daughters (age 43 and 37) how to drive using
>"three on the tree" in an old pick-up. The first cars they owned had
>5 speeds. One ended up teaching her husband how to drive a stick.
>
>My two oldest grandsons drive Audis - 94 S4, and 2000 A6.

I also learned how to drive with a stick shift, in a ubiquitous VW
Beetle; my parents wouldn't let me drive the Olds Delta 88 automatic.
Now I'm on my third Audi/VW product, a 98.5 A4, preceded by a 95
Passat VRX and an 85 4000S (I loved that old Audi and really should
have kept her, but the breaking door handles were starting to make me
crazy).
Old July 20th 05, 11:22 PM
Mike Smith

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:16:04 -0400, Mike Smith
> > wrote:
>

>>I believe you're the one who insulted me first. And if you consider it
>>a "game", then you're no better than a troll anyway.

> My, my. Mike has a temper. That's ok. I was young once myself. I
> know how it is.

You call me a bad driver with absolutely no evidence to support it, I
call you on it, and now I'm "young" with a "temper". Uh, huh.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 21st 05, 12:34 AM
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:22:41 -0400, Mike Smith
> wrote:

>You call me a bad driver with absolutely no evidence to support it, I
>call you on it, and now I'm "young" with a "temper". Uh, huh.

Where did I call you a bad driver, Mike? You are reading much more
into all of this than there really is. You obviously have a thin skin
(hence the temper?).

I say again: There are very bad drivers out there hanging in the left
lane on two/three/four lane highways. It is a problem. *Most* states
have a "keep right except to pass" law and post it on their roads.
Now, if NY doesn't, that's probably why many of the NY drivers that I
see in my travels are very poor drivers who think that the left lane
is *their* lane, and to hell with everyone else. I see it on my twice
yearly trips to Ontario to fly fish. I see in on my twice yearly
trips across the state on I84, and look forward to crossing the
Delaware into PA. If you drive without care in the left lane, then
you are a bad driver, period!

Old July 21st 05, 03:11 AM
Mike Smith

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:22:41 -0400, Mike Smith
> > wrote:
>

>>You call me a bad driver with absolutely no evidence to support it, I
>>call you on it, and now I'm "young" with a "temper". Uh, huh.

> Where did I call you a bad driver, Mike? You are reading much more
> into all of this than there really is. You obviously have a thin skin
> (hence the temper?).

Um, here?

Me: There's nothing in the NY law that says you can't park your ass in
the left lane of a divided highway and do 55 mph till the cows come home.

You: And I suspect you would feel right at home doing just that. No
common sense, lad?

Oh, I'm sorry: You didn't call me a bad driver, you merely *suspected*
me of being a bad driver, for no reason other than that I stated my
understanding of NY traffic law, while never saying that I *liked* it.

--
Mike Smith

The Nation's Worst Drivers [email protected] Ford Mustang 22 May 31st 05 01:56 AM
Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
SUV drivers MidnightDad Driving 60 April 1st 05 08:03 PM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 02:37 AM
Truck Drivers Needed Trucking Recruiter 4x4 0 April 14th 04 01:33 PM