Neon

Old June 2nd 05, 01:46 AM
Rena J via CarKB.com

Default Neon

I have a 2001 Dodge Neon and I had SEVERAL problems with it since I bought
it, I had to fix my transmission 3 times and other issues. They would not
give me a new car at the time and I was tired of fighting with Chrysler.
Now my check engine light is coming on and I haven't took it to get a
diagnosis yet because I had an accident and waiting for my car to be
repaired.

My question is that when I push my foot on the gas, my car stalls and then
pick up speed and the check engine light will blink on and off and then
remain on. Every time I get to a red light and it's time to go, it keeps
stalling, can I get an idea as to what are my possibilities?
Old June 2nd 05, 01:58 AM
ArchTaib

fuel delivery issue or vacuum leak somewhere, i would think. the symptoms
sound similar to what the older cars do when there is a fuel or vacuum
problem. should probably look into the timing, check the air intake for
blockage (a 2003 protege5's air filter has to be absolutely perfectly clean,
or it lags a teensie on acceleration and the 'check engine' light blinks *OR
it has to have an expensive, more free-flowing filter*) and possibly the
exhaust for blockage.

just some thoughts, considering it has been crashed and all.

Old June 3rd 05, 05:09 AM
soxinseven

Sounds like you've found yourself a "factory lemon". I think that some cars
are better than others based on production date, day of the week, etc. I
highly doubt any car company just shuts down the line if there's something a
bit out of whack, hence recalls. You probably just have one of those cars
from a bad day. It happens.

Old June 3rd 05, 06:21 PM
maxpower

"Rena J via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> I have a 2001 Dodge Neon and I had SEVERAL problems with it since I bought
> it, I had to fix my transmission 3 times and other issues. They would not
> give me a new car at the time and I was tired of fighting with Chrysler.
> Now my check engine light is coming on and I haven't took it to get a
> diagnosis yet because I had an accident and waiting for my car to be
> repaired.
>
> My question is that when I push my foot on the gas, my car stalls and then
> pick up speed and the check engine light will blink on and off and then
> remain on. Every time I get to a red light and it's time to go, it keeps
> stalling, can I get an idea as to what are my possibilities?

If the check engine lite is flashing, that's a cylinder misfire, and if you
keep driving it, it will tear up the catalytic converter, you don't state
what mileage this vehicle has but I would guess over 30k.
Chances are a good set of mopar wires and plugs will cure your problem.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech