04 GT idle rattle??

Old January 26th 05, 04:24 PM
japhar81

Default 04 GT idle rattle??

All,
My dealer claims this is 'normal' on my '04 Mustang GT... At idle,
every few seconds, what I can only describe as a shake goes through the
car. Basically, the whole car vibrates for about a second every 4 or 5
seconds. Its not a horrible shake, but pronounced enough that I can
easily feel it...

Anyone else have this? Is it normal? If not, anyone know what I should
have my dealer look at while its still covered by warranty? I have a
feeling its normal right up until I have to pay to fix it, then its
gonna be a huge thing..

Old January 26th 05, 09:11 PM
mustangjoe

japhar81 wrote:
> All,
> My dealer claims this is 'normal' on my '04 Mustang GT... At idle,
> every few seconds, what I can only describe as a shake goes through

the
> car. Basically, the whole car vibrates for about a second every 4 or

5
> seconds. Its not a horrible shake, but pronounced enough that I can
> easily feel it...
>
> Anyone else have this? Is it normal? If not, anyone know what I

should
> have my dealer look at while its still covered by warranty? I have a
> feeling its normal right up until I have to pay to fix it, then its
> gonna be a huge thing..

My '03 GT Vert had a similar problem when I first bought it. I took it
back to the delaer and they re-programmed the computer. That took care
of it.

Good Luck.

Old January 26th 05, 09:20 PM
japhar81

Do you know what exactly they reprogrammed?

Old January 26th 05, 10:30 PM
ja

THE COMPUTER!!

heh heh,

I think they just reprogram the entire thing

Old January 26th 05, 11:20 PM
Gumby

I have an 04 GT. It's in storage for the winter now, but I never had that
happen. I really don't think it's normal.

Old January 26th 05, 11:41 PM
Jafo

You sure its not the fan cycling? Turn the fan off and see if it still
happens.

--
Jafo
'02 GT Black

Old January 27th 05, 12:03 AM
japhar81

Heres where I show my automotive ignorance... what fan are you talking
about, and how would I shut it off?

Old January 27th 05, 12:20 AM
WraithCobra

Jafo wrote:
> You sure its not the fan cycling? Turn the fan off and see if it still
> happens.

Or the A/C compressor.
---
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
---

Old January 27th 05, 12:32 AM

I get it when I use cheap gas, or right before it's time to change the oil.

My 98 V6 mustang did it too.

Old January 27th 05, 12:33 AM

Switch to BP or Chevron for a week or so and see if it stops.