So what should be the penalty for speeding?

Old January 8th 05, 02:42 AM
Nate Nagel

Jim Yanik wrote:

> Nate Nagel > wrote in newsaKdnZST7rarikLcRVn-
> :
>

>>Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
>>

>>>Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
>>>every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
>>>over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
>>>drive again.
>>>
>>> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.
>>>

>>There shouldn't be any penalty at all for speeding, only reckless
>>driving. If we abolished all speed limits and expected a little more
>>responsibility from our drivers, we might actually make the roads safer.
>>
>>nate
>>

> The reason speeding is so popular for enforcement is that it's so easily
> measured and quantified,while other violations are subjective,due to the
> officer's interpretation,thus more vulnerable to being tossed or plead out.
>
> That may be why the push for photo RL-cameras and other monitoring means is
> increasing.

The problem I have wit hthis is that the RLC's are often set up at
intersections where the lights are timed for the speed limit or slower,
not actual traffic speeds. So it all ties together and the end result
is the same - more money for the government.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old January 8th 05, 03:47 AM
John David Galt

Arif Khokar wrote:
> What do you suggest the penalty should be for those who enact them?

The same as if you or I did the same bullying without benefit of a badge.
Old January 8th 05, 03:47 AM
John David Galt

Old January 8th 05, 04:29 AM
Comrade Mr Yamamoto

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:33:29 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>

>>John David Galt wrote:
>>

>>>A good penalty for _enforcing_ speeding laws would be 20 years.

>>What do you suggest the penalty should be for those who enact them?

> Death.

Beat me to it.

--
Comrade Mr "It's Clinton's Fault!" Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com
Old January 8th 05, 04:29 AM
Comrade Mr Yamamoto

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:33:29 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>

>>John David Galt wrote:
>>

>>>A good penalty for _enforcing_ speeding laws would be 20 years.

>>What do you suggest the penalty should be for those who enact them?

> Death.

Beat me to it.

Old January 8th 05, 04:29 AM
Jim Yanik

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>
>> Nate Nagel > wrote in newsaKdnZST7rarikLcRVn-
>> :

>>>There shouldn't be any penalty at all for speeding, only reckless
>>>driving. If we abolished all speed limits and expected a little more
>>>responsibility from our drivers, we might actually make the roads
>>>safer.
>>>
>>>nate
>>>

>> The reason speeding is so popular for enforcement is that it's so
>> easily measured and quantified,while other violations are
>> subjective,due to the officer's interpretation,thus more vulnerable
>> to being tossed or plead out.
>>
>> That may be why the push for photo RL-cameras and other monitoring
>> means is increasing.
>>

> The problem I have wit hthis is that the RLC's are often set up at
> intersections where the lights are timed for the speed limit or
> slower, not actual traffic speeds. So it all ties together and the
> end result is the same - more money for the government.
>
> nate

The problem *I* have with RLCs is that the driver does not get points on
their license,and other drivers do not get to see them pulled over and
ticketed by a real police officer,which has an effect on their driving for
a short while.(and with -regular- enforcement,a more lasting effect,IMO)

RLCs and radar speed traps(even manned ones) are just excuses to have the
officers doing things other than traffic enforcement,to the detriment of
proper driving.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old January 8th 05, 04:29 AM
Jim Yanik

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

Old January 8th 05, 06:02 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Jan 7, 12:50 pm

>>>Fine them and points against license, like what we do now. Speeders

haven't killed anyone; some people who may have been speeding and who
then cause an accident might have killed someone, but nearly all people
speed at some point and never kill anyone, so your characterization is
incorrect.

Most of the people in prison never killed anyone. Half of them are drug
users whose "crime" didn't even have the possibility of killing anyone.

Old January 8th 05, 06:02 AM

Old January 8th 05, 06:05 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

>Jim Yanik Jan 7, 6:13 pm

>I speed most of the time,and haven't killed anyone in 35 years of

driving.

How many kids have you put in wheelchairs for life? You pedal-philes
are more dangerous to kids than the pedophiles.