Vette Site

Old April 14th 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Vette Site

"DD Adkins" > wrote in message
>I cannot believe that you "little boys" with no better toys than
>Cyndy
> are scared of losing your manhood cause a "girl" is invading your
> clubhouse....tsk.tsk..D.D

Is there a particular reason you would say, "with no better toys than
Cindy"? If that were said about me it would not be received as a nice
assessment of myself. I also think that it was more the "little boy"
and not "boys". My take on this is that it's a Corvette group, not a
boys, girls, or dare I say it, nationality group, just people that
want to discuss Corvettes. Not to say we, like most people, don't get
off track now and then.

How sad, to bad, Dad

Old April 14th 06, 03:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Right on Dad!!!

Old April 14th 06, 03:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

YOU CAN'T LEAVE..... WHO WILL WATER THE PLANTS!!!!!
(Bill Murray) :-)

Now don't go gettin all.... feelings hurt.......

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old April 14th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"cyndy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Sorry to have invaded your site...thought we were enjoying
> ourselves,
> but, I'll gladly bid "adieu"..........it's been an
> experience...
>

> Here's waving at you all...............

You going to let one person run ya off ???
Hell, you sure wouldn't last long on the Harley groups :-)
If this were a virtual bar ?
I would buy ya a drink and tell to not worry about what
"ANYONE" says.

g'day to ya
--
"Key"
=====

Old April 14th 06, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"cyndy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
---snip---
> Always a wave for most of you (jerks and sexist pigs
> excluded and you
> know who you are),
> Cyndy

is that your real thoughts about some folks here ?
I am surprised..
--
"Key"
=====

Old April 16th 06, 01:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Well all I can say is that this group was remarkably on topic until
Cyndy showed up. Nothing against her in particular, but the signal to
noise ratio went way up as Cyndy wanted to chat about this and that,
very little having to do with corvettes. Managed to stir up controversy
which also got off topic, but hey... I can just ignore those threads.
That's usenet.

BTW, thanks to whomever recommended that auto radio repair place in FL.
I sent my C5 radio in and it was repaired promptly. Much cheaper than
either new stock radio or a complete new sound system. Have also gotten
lots of great information from just reading the various other posts and
replies. Great group! Thanks to everyone for contributing and sharing.

Old April 16th 06, 03:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Vette Site - Radio

"Keith" > wrote in message
ups.com...
Snip>
> BTW, thanks to whomever recommended that auto radio repair place in FL.
> I sent my C5 radio in and it was repaired promptly. Much cheaper than
> either new stock radio or a complete new sound system. Have also gotten
> lots of great information from just reading the various other posts and
> replies. Great group! Thanks to everyone for contributing and sharing.

Tell us more about your radio repair. Cost, shipping, time it was down,
problem that was repaired, was it well done, and most of all, was it done
right?

Will they rebuild radios from the seventies? Not a fair question but just
thought their paperwork may have said something about the scope of their
business.

Dad

Old April 16th 06, 06:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Keith" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> ---snip some---
> BTW, thanks to whomever recommended that auto radio repair
> place in FL.
> I sent my C5 radio in and it was repaired promptly. Much
> cheaper than
> either new stock radio or a complete new sound system.
> Have also gotten
> lots of great information from just reading the various
> other posts and
> replies. Great group! Thanks to everyone for contributing
> and sharing.

you are correct...
this IS a great group...

my2˘
--
"Key"
=====

Old April 17th 06, 08:10 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"> Sorry to have invaded your site...thought we were enjoying
> ourselves, > but, I'll gladly bid "adieu"..........it's been an
> experience...
> Here's waving at you all...............

> If this were a virtual bar ?
> I would buy ya a drink and tell to not worry about what
> "ANYONE" says. "

Yeah, ******** to 'em !!!
Just relax enjoy yourself and keep your vette engine running.

This is a great forum. Vette lovers everywhere... as long as we're
discussing vettes and other things we might have in common, what the
hell is "xpert"s problem.

Old April 24th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Dad, or somebody so disguised, wrote the following at or about 4/16/2006
9:59 AM:
> "Keith" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> Snip>
>> BTW, thanks to whomever recommended that auto radio repair place in FL.
>> I sent my C5 radio in and it was repaired promptly. Much cheaper than
>> either new stock radio or a complete new sound system. Have also gotten
>> lots of great information from just reading the various other posts and
>> replies. Great group! Thanks to everyone for contributing and sharing.
>>

> Tell us more about your radio repair. Cost, shipping, time it was down,
> problem that was repaired, was it well done, and most of all, was it done
> right?
>
> Will they rebuild radios from the seventies? Not a fair question but just
> thought their paperwork may have said something about the scope of their
> business.

Here's the link to their site for Corvettes

http://www.carstereohelp.com/corvette.htm

They only list problems/removal directions for 1990 and up but also tell
you that not all radios and problems are addressed on the website and
suggest that you e-mail them with questions concerning your particular
problem.

I sent them the Bose control head unit from my '94 since the CD was
acting up. It stopped accepting CD's without a fight, then would stop
playing them, eject when it felt like it and got progressively worse.
That's the FIRST problem listed on their site. Cost $190 plus the
UPS/USPS shipping to them. I believe that the return freight's
included. IIRC, it was back to me within two weeks and has worked like
a champ ever since.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them or recommend their service. There are a
couple out there but this place in Longwood, Florida seemed to have the
largest following and number of positives.

Good luck.