Changing features in a 2002 BMW 330xi without going to the dealer.

Old April 3rd 06, 09:03 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Changing features in a 2002 BMW 330xi without going to the dealer.

Can anyone inform me as to how to proceed with changing features such
as "Daytime Running Lights" and 2 level door unlock( driver's door
first THEN the rest of the doors). Ideally, I would like to use some
shareware with a PC and whatever else is required such as an appropiate
cable set. I'm new to this. Thanks. Andre

Old April 3rd 06, 05:10 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Andre wrote:
> Can anyone inform me as to how to proceed with changing features such
> as "Daytime Running Lights" and 2 level door unlock( driver's door
> first THEN the rest of the doors). Ideally, I would like to use some
> shareware with a PC and whatever else is required such as an appropiate
> cable set. I'm new to this. Thanks. Andre

Ideally - we'd all love to have shareware to do it. But that is not to be.

Your choices are - see the dealer, or find someone with an AutoLogic
diagnostics tester (the one made in the UK) - which is a $15,000 box
with the BMW modules. Some - but few - independent garages have bought a
GT1 BMW diagnostics machine - but that won't be free either since that
cost them $15,000.

Free would be nice.. but not gonna happen.

Old April 4th 06, 12:39 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Thank you for your reply. However, surely someone has looked at doing
something about this ! What can you do about resetting the dash service
and other warning lights ?
Andre

Old April 4th 06, 03:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Andre wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. However, surely someone has looked at doing
> something about this ! What can you do about resetting the dash service
> and other warning lights ?
> Andre

I'm sure someone has looked at doing this - and I gave you the source.
Thing is - it's not trivial to do the programming, and people do
actually want to make a living. Probably the same in your field - you'd
like to be paid for what you do right?

Do a google on resetting the dash service lights - it's done on your car
via the two buttons on the instrument cluster. No tools are needed.

Old April 4th 06, 10:11 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Biker Geek wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:50:37 -0400, admin > wrote:
>> Andre wrote:
>>> Thank you for your reply. However, surely someone has looked at doing
>>> something about this ! What can you do about resetting the dash service
>>> and other warning lights ?
>>> Andre

>> I'm sure someone has looked at doing this - and I gave you the source.
>> Thing is - it's not trivial to do the programming, and people do
>> actually want to make a living. Probably the same in your field - you'd
>> like to be paid for what you do right?

> RossTech, the makers of VAG-COM diagnostic software for VW/Audi
> products, are supposed to be working on Bim-COM for late-model
> BMW and Mini, but I haven't heard anything about it in months.
> The VAG-COM product is supposed to be quite nice and I'd expect
> Bim-COM to be of similarly high quality. Hopefully the lack of
> fanfare means they're hard at work.

That's encouraging - but I've heard this for over a year now and nothing
has appeared. Go see http://myscantool.com - look at ProScan. It does
have BMW specific error code reading capabilities - only one at that
price point I know of. I think it will be a while before any of them try
doing the module programming that the very expensive tools can do. Lots
to go wrong changing module settings. Lots.

Old April 5th 06, 03:49 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

dealer, wait until you have the car in for service and they will add the
time to your bill, Instead of paying a full hour minimum charge for a 15
minute procedure.

Changing headlight bulb on 2002 A4 - again! Noisy bacon Audi 5 October 16th 05 05:41 PM
300C order problems [email protected] Chrysler 7 January 21st 05 04:55 PM
2002 SL1 Temp Sensor? B Powers Saturn 0 October 24th 04 09:41 PM
need advice on changing timing belt 2002 neon,2.0 Eagle Creek Dodge 8 September 22nd 04 04:23 AM