New Crank positioned senor didn't help

Old March 21st 08, 11:07 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
damnnickname

Default New Crank positioned senor didn't help

How do you say Tomato?

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old March 22nd 08, 01:48 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
aarcuda69062

In article
outautos.com>,
"damnnickname" > wrote:

> How do you say Tomato?

I don't pronounce it Potato
Old March 22nd 08, 12:26 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Hank[_3_]

aarcuda69062 wrote:
> In article
> outautos.com>,
> "damnnickname" > wrote:
>
>> How do you say Tomato?

> I don't pronounce it Potato

The DTC Lookup program that came with my Actron scanner shows P0300
as "Random/Multiple Misfire Detected".
Glenn's reference shows "Multiple" and your reference shows "Random".
Apparently there are variations for this listing.
Old March 22nd 08, 01:33 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Hank" > wrote in message
. ..
> aarcuda69062 wrote:
> > In article
> > outautos.com>,
> > "damnnickname" > wrote:
> >
> >> How do you say Tomato?

> > I don't pronounce it Potato

> The DTC Lookup program that came with my Actron scanner shows P0300
> as "Random/Multiple Misfire Detected".
> Glenn's reference shows "Multiple" and your reference shows "Random".
> Apparently there are variations for this listing.

That's why my last reply asked how do you say Tomato

Old March 22nd 08, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
aarcuda69062

In article >,
Hank > wrote:

> aarcuda69062 wrote:
> > In article
> > outautos.com>,
> > "damnnickname" > wrote:
> >
> >> How do you say Tomato?

> > I don't pronounce it Potato

> The DTC Lookup program that came with my Actron scanner shows P0300
> as "Random/Multiple Misfire Detected".

Someone at Actron should inform SAE that they're wrong.
Old March 22nd 08, 06:35 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
aarcuda69062

In article >,
"maxpower" > wrote:

> "Hank" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > aarcuda69062 wrote:
> > > In article
> > > outautos.com>,

> > > I don't pronounce it Potato

> > The DTC Lookup program that came with my Actron scanner shows P0300
> > as "Random/Multiple Misfire Detected".
> > Glenn's reference shows "Multiple" and your reference shows "Random".
> > Apparently there are variations for this listing.

> That's why my last reply asked how do you say Tomato

So, now you're saying that it's "random/multiple?"
Old March 22nd 08, 09:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "maxpower" > wrote:
>
> > "Hank" > wrote in message
> > . ..

> > > The DTC Lookup program that came with my Actron scanner shows P0300
> > > as "Random/Multiple Misfire Detected".
> > > Glenn's reference shows "Multiple" and your reference shows "Random".
> > > Apparently there are variations for this listing.

> > That's why my last reply asked how do you say Tomato

> So, now you're saying that it's "random/multiple?"

lol, Im saying what I was taught it meant when it was written into our books
and that was a multiple cylinder misfire, and you can say it means random.
That's why I asked you how you say tomato because it makes no difference to
me. we both no what the fault means. And how you say tomato...we both no
what it is.

Enjoy

Glenn

Old March 22nd 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Tony D.

maxpower wrote:
> "aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "maxpower" > wrote:
>>
>>> "Hank" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> That's why my last reply asked how do you say Tomato

>> So, now you're saying that it's "random/multiple?"

> lol, Im saying what I was taught it meant when it was written into our books
> and that was a multiple cylinder misfire, and you can say it means random.
> That's why I asked you how you say tomato because it makes no difference to
> me. we both no what the fault means. And how you say tomato...we both no
> what it is.
>
> Enjoy
>
> Glenn

Except they DON'T mean the same thing. If cyls 1 & 3 fail at the same
time many times, it is "multiple" but not "random" and the problem would
be something common to 1 & 3. If you had failures of 1 & 3, then 2 & 6,
etc you'd have multiple AND random misfires.