Question: tire size

Old August 9th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

Default Question: tire size

My 1971 Grande has P235/60 R14 F&R.
Could I put a somewhat wider tire on the rear?
Needs rear tires anyway and I want more rubber
on the road. The rear end is limited slip 2.65
I have been told.

Thanks

mike

Old August 10th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
nospam

I'm restoring my 72 mach and I have wider rims on the back than on the
front. The tires are 60's all the way around, but they really "fill out" on
those wider rims!!!
Dave
ink.net...

Old August 10th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RJ[_3_]

1972 Mach 1 , Cooper Cobra tires, P255/50x15 on the front on 7" rim,
P295/50x15 on the back on 8" rim

m...

Old August 11th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scott Van Nest

You have any pics of what that looks like? I have a '71 myself and am
trying to decide what to do.

Old August 11th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RJ[_3_]

Some can be found he http://community.webshots.com/user/72boss

Old August 11th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_1_]

goodnigh wrote:

> My 1971 Grande has P235/60 R14 F&R.
> Could I put a somewhat wider tire on the rear?
> Needs rear tires anyway and I want more rubber
> on the road. The rear end is limited slip 2.65
> I have been told.
>
> Thanks
>
> mike

Get your hands on the October 2006 issue of Car Craft magazine.. "Fit Huge
Wheels and Tires on your Street Machine" is on the front cover.

--
..boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Old August 12th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scott Van Nest

Thanks. but I think my personal preference is to have the same size all
around. I am more the cruiser than pulling the front tires off the ground.
I am still pondering some 16 inch wheels with a 245 series tire. Only issue
is 16 inch Cragars are damn expensive.

Scott

E30 Tire size Matt Warren BMW 13 July 6th 06 06:44 PM
Help interpreting weird Goodyear tire size? JHD Technology 4 December 25th 05 10:21 AM
Tire advice and outcome edward ohare Driving 6 December 9th 05 10:07 PM
'06 Mustang tire size David Buschhorn Ford Mustang 3 November 13th 05 04:55 PM
1996 Dodge Grand Caravan LE-Tires LJO Dodge 26 June 26th 05 08:07 PM