How serious is Civic 2001 front suspension problem?

Old May 8th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default How serious is Civic 2001 front suspension problem?

Hi Guys,
I have a Civic 2001 and I heard before that struts are worn so fast on this
car. Now I reached 50,000 K and I hear the noises when I use break or even
on bumps and I think that is the problem. My question is that how serious is
the problem? Shall I change the struts right away or still it goes for a few
K? Thanks.
Nemo

Old May 9th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

In article >, "Nemo" >
wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I have a Civic 2001 and I heard before that struts are worn so fast on this
> car. Now I reached 50,000 K and I hear the noises when I use break or even
> on bumps and I think that is the problem. My question is that how serious is
> the problem? Shall I change the struts right away or still it goes for a few
> K? Thanks.
> Nemo

Tires that hop and skip don't get very good traction. It's terrible for
the tires and remaining suspension too.