Problem With Power Outlet

Old March 15th 06, 05:31 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Problem With Power Outlet

I've posted a handful of messages here, and the information I've gotten has
been very helpful. Clare and others who have helped me have helped to narrow
down the problem, and we're making progress. If you're referring to the
scores of messages being posted here by people arguing about who's right and
who's wrong, I have no control over that. I have a hard time believing,
myself, all the messages posted here. But, again, I have no control over
that.

Perhaps we could start a new thread: "Fight over who was right and who was
wrong in that other thread." Then we can devote this thread to just
resolving the problem, and it probably would be really small, while the
other one would be large.

news

Old March 15th 06, 10:30 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"Neil" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> I've posted a handful of messages here, and the information I've gotten

has
> been very helpful. Clare and others who have helped me have helped to

narrow
> down the problem, and we're making progress. If you're referring to the
> scores of messages being posted here by people arguing about who's right

and
> who's wrong, I have no control over that. I have a hard time believing,
> myself, all the messages posted here. But, again, I have no control over
> that.
>
> Perhaps we could start a new thread: "Fight over who was right and who was
> wrong in that other thread." Then we can devote this thread to just
> resolving the problem, and it probably would be really small, while the
> other one would be large.
>

> "Dan C" > wrote in message
> news
> > On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 02:40:50 +0000, Neil wrote:
> >
> >> Someone else said it would be a whole lot easier just to change the
> >> battery.
> >> I suppose we could just change everything. That would solve the

problem.
> >> :-)

> > Jesus, do something, and let this idiotic thread die. Hard to friggin
> > believe.
> >
> > --
> > If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> > Linux Registered User #327951

I assume you have taken the lap top and tried it on another car? And most
adapters also come with a plug that takes place of the male socket that has
alligator clips on it to connect directly to the battery, have you tried
that to illuminate the possibility that is isn't the lap top/socket and may
be the vehicle design?

Old March 15th 06, 12:05 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

> I assume you have taken the lap top and tried it on another car?

As I posted in my original post, the laptop/inverter combination is the same
that I was using on my previous car, without any problems. This car was
purchased last week, and had this problem from the start.

> And most
> adapters also come with a plug that takes place of the male socket that
> has
> alligator clips on it to connect directly to the battery,

Mine doesn't have any such alligator clips.

> have you tried
> that to illuminate the possibility that is isn't the lap top/socket and
> may
> be the vehicle design?

Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but I've tested the inverter
and the battery at various stages under load, and there is a 1+ V drop from
the battery when the laptop is plugged in and charging.

Neil

Old March 15th 06, 01:42 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 04:31:34 +0000, Neil wrote:

> down the problem, and we're making progress. If you're referring to the
> scores of messages being posted here by people arguing about who's right and
> who's wrong, I have no control over that. I have a hard time believing,
> myself, all the messages posted here. But, again, I have no control over
> that.

I realize that. The other anal dickheads who have to have the last word,
none of which actually know ****, are the ones I'm referring to.

> Perhaps we could start a new thread: "Fight over who was right and who
> was wrong in that other thread." Then we can devote this thread to just
> resolving the problem, and it probably would be really small, while the
> other one would be large.

Not a bad idea actually. My point was: what are you actually *DOING* to
resolve this, besides reading the posts in here? It's been *DAYS* now,
with no real progress. Come on, do something.

Linux Registered User #327951

Old March 15th 06, 03:22 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

> Not a bad idea actually. My point was: what are you actually *DOING* to
> resolve this, besides reading the posts in here? It's been *DAYS* now,
> with no real progress. Come on, do something.

You're probably not reading the right part of the thread. Start at Clare's
3/12 3:41 PM (Central Time) post
.. .) and work down. You'll
see the subthread in which progress is being made in troubleshooting this.

Neil

Old March 15th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

One other note. While I feel bad that you and others are annoyed by this
thread (and I really do), the point of the newsgroup is for people to be
able to discuss issues. Obviously, those who are participating are wanting
to do so -- and, whether it's those who are having a fruitful discussion, or
those who are debating what was said and who was right -- they all have the
right to post here. So, again, while I feel bad that your newsgroup reader
is being cluttered with this, I would suggest just ignoring this thread.
That's the simplest thing to do. In Outlook Express, you can select Ignore
Conversation from the Message menu. I'm sure other readers have similar
features. In OE, that causes the thread to be grayed out. You can then
collapse the thread and not have to look at it.

Thanks,

Neil

news